We wanted to make sure you have the latest facts on the Xbox Live network at your fingertips. Xbox Live connects consumers to the best gaming and entertainment experiences, with more games, more choices and more ways to connect to your community. Xbox Live is deeply integrated into Xbox 360 providing effortless, consistent ways for you to connect with friends, games, and the entertainment you want across the network.
Xbox Live, the first and only unified online games and entertainment network, has now reached 4 million connected members. This gives Xbox Live a 4 year and a 4 million member head start in the next generation, right as we prepare to launch the 6th version of the Xbox Live network this fall. Currently available in over 24 countries, Xbox Live is a global community on a fast track to hit 6 million members by summer 2007.
We believe that online gaming is a defining issue of next-generation video gaming and we openly welcome other console platforms to join us in this space. Below are some of our latest facts and stats for the Xbox Live network.
XBOX LIVE FACTS & STATS
- Xbox Live has now reached more than 4 million members and is growing every day. We anticipate by June 2007 more than 6 million gamers will be connected to the Xbox Live network.
- Xbox Live is the world’s largest platform for high-definition, on-demand content with gamers downloading over 70 million pieces of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox Live Marketplace in just the first 11 months of launch.
- More than 70 percent of connected Xbox 360 consoles are downloading content from Xbox Live Marketplace, home to 2,000 pieces of gaming and entertainment content.
- Xbox Live Arcade has now surpassed 12 million downloads in less than a year. The popularity of Xbox Live has driven major publishers and independent game developers to submit more than a thousand Xbox Live Arcade game concepts to Microsoft for review.
- Xbox Live Arcade games average a phenomenal 24 percent trial-to-purchase conversion rate with #1 title UNO reaching a trial-to-purchase conversion rate of over 50 percent.
- Since the launch of Xbox Live in November 2002, gamers have spent more than two billion hours on the network playing games online with their friends around the world.
- Over 9 million text and voice messages are sent via Xbox Live every week.
THE TOP 10 EXPERIENCES YOU CAN ONLY FIND ON XBOX 360 TODAY
- Xbox Live delivers one identity across your entire Xbox 360 experience
o Your unique gamertag, gamer profile; gamer score; gamer zone; reputation and achievements stay with you wherever and whatever you play.
o One friends list across all games, so you are always connected to a global community of millions at any time.
o As we roll out Live across platforms, your identity will be available anywhere, anytime on Xbox, Windows, and mobile devices.
- Earn Achievements in every Xbox 360 game to compare your progress, skills and accomplishments with your friends on Xbox Live and Xbox.com
o Achievements are changing the way people play games, the way games are designed and chronicles your entire gaming history.
- The unified Xbox Live network means you are always connected to a global community of 4 million gamers across 24 countries
o Connect with your friends online, or play with new ones in a safe, secure, managed environment free from cheating, hacking and viruses.
o Xbox Live provides gamers with access to global tournaments and exclusive programs including online Game with Fame events with Larry Johnson, Matisyahu, Jack Black, The Fray and the forthcoming Pac-Man World Championships in February 2007.
- Download and enjoy the wide collection Xbox Live Arcade games that are taking the industry by storm
o Access the collection of over 30 highly addictive games to date from the world’s most creative indie game developers and the biggest game publishers on the planet.
o Sample the free, fully playable trial version for every Xbox Live Arcade game.
- Ubiquitous voice chat in every game plus video chat, text and picture messaging
o You don’t have to be in the same game to communicate – chat to your friends anytime while playing a game, watching a movie or even listening to music on your Xbox 360.
o Full access to your community via Xbox.com on your PC anytime, anywhere.
- Xbox Live connectivity in every Xbox 360 game
o Call of Duty 2, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Saints Row and Madden NFL 07 are the hottest Xbox Live titles of the moment with even more to come with the eagerly anticipated arrivals of Gears of War, Call of Duty 3 and WWE Smackdown vs RAW on Xbox 360 this holiday.
o And next year, games like Halo 3, the king of all multiplayer games, as well as exclusive, episodic content for Grand Theft Auto 4 will amp up the Xbox Live experience.
- Free online membership with Xbox Live Silver membership built in to Xbox 360
o Create your personalized gamer profile and gamertag; download free game demos so you can try games before you buy them; send and receive text and voice messages and access the best in gaming and entertainment content direct from Xbox Live Marketplace.
Or, upgrade to the supercharged Xbox Live Gold membership
o Enjoy all the features of the free Xbox Live Silver membership plus online multiplayer gaming, enhanced matchmaking features and exclusive online tournaments, programs and events for just $49.99 a year.
- No credit cards are needed with instant access to Xbox Live Marketplace – the digital download center packed with the latest gaming and entertainment content
o Sample the free game trailers and game demos or purchase the latest download content for your favorite games.
o Enjoy the latest high-definition movie trailers and new music videos.
o The Microsoft Points micro-transaction model provides gamers with access to an online, renewable, prepaid balance to purchase digital gaming and entertainment content direct from Xbox Live Marketplace with ease.
- Best in class Family Settings tools
o Xbox was the first video game console to introduce Family Settings, and today Xbox 360 and Xbox Live offer some of the most advanced family settings features in the industry.
o Our best in class Family Settings tools allow parents to manage the games their children play, the rated movies they watch, and who they interact with both online and offline.
- Enhanced matchmaking tools that mean you are matched with gamers you want to play with for the very best gaming experience
o Our pioneering matchmaking features - reputation, gamer score, game zone and TrueSkill intelligent matchmaking systems - allow skill-based matches so gamers and teams of equal skill are matched together over Xbox Live for great gaming experiences.