At release, it was pretty clear that The Old Republic characters were road warriors, with no permanent home aside from the spaceship they earned at level 10. Eventually you're accessing your extra inventory almost exclusively from your ship and treating it like your primary residence. But much like Star Wars Galaxies, the idea of home ownership and personalizing a space the players could call their own moved to the top of the developers list. It's a good idea, and something that adds to the game. I do wish their focus was on truly extending the various class story lines with a new high end boss who truly brought a reason to play further in the game, but this is some more depth at least for players who've made SWTOR their primary MMO.
Enjoy the pride of ownership as you take up residence in your own personal Galactic Stronghold. Customize and share it to celebrate your legacy as part of the new Star Wars: The Old Republic Digital Expansion, Galactic Strongholds. For those who are interested in adventuring with others, take part in multiplayer Guild Flagship missions to conquer planets clear across the galaxy. Galactic Strongholds is available for subscriber early access on August 18, preferred early access on September 16 and launches officially on October 14.
· Customize Your Strongholds: Display trophies earned in battle, craft state-of-the-art furniture, and unlock all-new rewards across the game. Then customize your Strongholds with hundreds of unique decorations to express your personal style and memorialize your Legacy.
· Live on Multiple Planets: Choose a prestigious apartment in the heart of your faction’s capital world, or live in style among the high-rollers of Nar Shaddaa. Prefer a more remote location? Take up residence on the desert sands of Tatooine. Or have all four – your Legacy can own multiple Strongholds!
· Launch Your Guild Flagship: Rally your guild aboard your own Guild Flagship and join the renowned ranks of your faction’s starship fleet. Provide orbital support to your guild members, and leverage the power of your flagship to conquer planets.
· Control Planets: Every week, compete with other guilds by completing conquests to control planets for perks, glory, and bragging rights.
· Orbital Flagship Support: Dock your Flagship at various planets and provide powerful buffs to guild members on the ground.