Developer Wild Factor has announced that its real-strategy and tower defense game Freaking Meatbags is available now on Steam Early Access. The game has players controlling various humans or known as meatbags in the game to build bases, harvest resources, and defend against robot attacks.
- Fuse alien and human DNA: Create hybrids with special alien abilities by mixing DNA from two different meatbags. A human is useful, but a human with a rocket launcher arm is even more useful.
- Build offensive and defensive structures: Hold back the wild robot hordes with lasers, missiles, bolts of electricity and your very own personal attack drones. 15 unique structures to create and upgrade.
- Enhance your base with technology: Influence the battlefield and manage your base with nine different pieces of buildable technology. Need to heal yourself? There's tech for that. Want to build drones? Tech for that, too!
- Motivate your meatbags: The humans usually do what you ask. Unless they're tired or bored or just plain apathetic. Fortunately there's plenty of alien biotechnology you can implant to give them a little encouragement.
- Robotic enemies: Nobody knows where the wild robots come from, but they sure are well armed. Eight unique enemy types that range from creepy crawly things to dashy explodey things.
- Boss robots: Three sinister bad guys to take out with your turrets. One of them has a giant brain. How do you figure it got in there?
- Multiple planets and environments to explore
- Four alien species to encounter, chat with and steal DNA from
- One giant trans-dimensional space squid
- New structures to build, including a Magnetic Wall, Matrix Mega Laser, Poison Plate and Tower Booster.
- Two new meatbag types to create: jetpack and zombie.
- New enemy robots to crush, including Exploding Robots and Robot Eggs. That's right, eggs!
- Four new planets to clean up.
- Full-featured map editor.
- Linux and Mac ports.
- A crazy pirate.
Freaking Meatbags is available now through Steam Early Access for Windows PC.