It's full of tweaks, adjustments, and general fine tuning. It, as well as a full free copy of the game (!!) can be downloaded here
. Free! Free!!
WinSPWW2 Upgraded To Version 1.1!
Patch Now Available For Both Versions of WinSPWW2!
Hampstead, NC, 10 July 2006
The Camo Workshop and Shrapnel Games would like to announce that a patch is now
available to upgrade WinSPWW2 to version 1.1. The patch is universal to both,
upgrading the free, downloadable version, and the Enhanced CD edition. Weighing in at
5.7 MB in size the version 1.1 patch provides several fixes, tweaks, and enhancements.
A thorough listing of modifications may be found on the download page, but here is a
sampling of what gamers can find in the upgrade patch:
* Reinforcement units that are a passenger/carrier combination now enter at the same
time, previously some issues occurred with the two appearing on different turns.
* Artillery effectiveness against armor has been altered for more realistic effects, with a
greater chance of immobilization hits than kills (amongst other changes).
* Short range infantry combat effects have been changed for a more give-and-take
* Optional AI force level adjustment for campaign games have been added, along with
an INI file allowing gamers to modify AI points in campaign games.
* Smoke shell loadouts in campaign game upgrades has been fixed.
* Adjustment to how anti-tank gun reaction fire is handled.
* Arid maps were being treated as summer maps; desert icons will now be used in arid
* Default battle length has been increased.
* Bug with multiple barges created on barge carriers after a save game reload has been
* Unit cost has been increased across the board. Most units have a slightly higher unit
cost, with the cost of the heavier AFVs seeing the greatest differences. For example,
a King Tiger now costs 214 points, versus 156 points in version 1.0. All scripted
campaigns have been changed to reflect the cost change.
* Brand new additions to WinSPWW2 found in the patch include six new PICs, two
revised sound effects, three new icons, two revised scenarios, and thirteen new
scenarios! 345 scenarios are now in the game!
The version 1.1 patch, along with the full FREE version of WinSPWW2, may be
downloaded from here:
WinSPWW2 is a tactical combat game featuring combined arms warfare from the years
1930 until 1946 (and for conflicts past that be sure to check out its sister game,
WinSPMBT, also available from Shrapnel Games in both free and Enhanced CD
editions). Based on the SSI Steel Panthers system, WinSPWW2 is a total overhaul of that
venerable classic, not only bringing the system up to modern computing specifications,
but turning it into one of the most detailed and highly researched turn-based wargames
available for your PC.
Boasting literally hundreds of scenarios, a robust editor, security enhanced PBEM
tournament capabilities, WinSPWW2 has one of the highest gameplay-to-megabyte ratios
you'll encounter, even moreso when you consider it's absolutely FREE.
The Enhanced CD edition includes the full game (no need to download) but also offers
these great extra features:
* Playable up to 1600x1200 (free version limited to 800x600 screen resolution).
* Cut and paste map editor.
* 250 secure PBEM save game slots.
* Encyclopedic sorting.
* Printed quick-start guide.
* ScenHack and CampaignHack, for converting old DOS scenarios and campaigns.
For more information on WinSPWW2 or WinSPMBT please visit us at
. There, you'll find the free versions, how to order the
Enhanced CD versions, and forums for fans to post new mods to the game. Of course
you can also check out the complete catalog of great Shrapnel titles, covering a wide
range of topics and genres while visiting.
For press related information please contact Scott R. Krol at: email@example.com
To visit our company blog go to www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/