Are you annoyed at the fact that you have to wait nearly four more months before the release of Final Fantasy XIII
? Staring longingly at a clock will not make the days go by any quicker. Square Enix has decided to throw you a bone by setting up a Facebook and Twitter account for the game.
Stay updated on the latest news, screenshots and videos by joining the Final Fantasy XIII
Facebook page here
. You can also get the latest information by following Final Fantasy XIII
on Twitter here
. The story recap in the press release is fairly comical. The PR person that wrote it up must have been afraid of complete sentences.
In addition to the social sites, you can still get all the information on the game's official page
SQUARE ENIX LAUNCHES OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIII FACEBOOK AND TWITTER PAGES
Friend and Follow to Keep Up with All the Latest FINAL FANTASY XIII News
LOS ANGELES (December 13, 2009) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America announced today that it has launched official Facebook and Twitter pages for FINAL FANTASY® XIII. A direct source for all things FINAL FANTASY XIII leading up to the game’s launch on March 9, 2010, the sites will provide insider updates on the much awaited game.
FINAL FANTASY XIII fans can meet other fans from around the world and stay updated on the latest news, screenshots and videos by joining the official FINAL FANTASY XIII Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIII. In addition, fans can follow FINAL FANTASY XIII in real-time on Twitter http://twitter.com/OfficialFFXIII to get all the latest breaking information first.
One of the most highly anticipated games of this generation, FINAL FANTASY XIII marks the dawning of a new era for the celebrated franchise, bringing the series to multiple hi-definition consoles simultaneously for the first time in its history. Introducing the ultimate Active Time Battle system and extraordinary new characters, FINAL FANTASY XIII will set new standards for role playing games.
FINAL FANTASY XIII will be available for both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on March 9, 2010.
Official Web Sites:
FINAL FANTASY XIII information: http://finalfantasyxiii.com.
FINAL FANTASY XIII Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIII.
FINAL FANTASY XIII Twitter: http://twitter.com/OfficialFFXIII.
About FINAL FANTASY XIII
Cocoon — a utopia in the sky.
Its inhabitants believed their world a paradise.
Under the Sanctum's rule, Cocoon had long known peace and prosperity.
Mankind was blessed by its protectors, the benevolent fal'Cie, and believed that tranquil days would continue forever.
Their tranquility was shattered with the discovery of one hostile fal'Cie.
The moment that fal'Cie from Pulse — the feared and detested lowerworld — awoke from its slumber, peace on Cocoon came to an end.
Fal'Cie curse humans, turning them into magic-wielding servants.
They become l'Cie — chosen of the fal'Cie.
Those branded with the mark of a l'Cie carry the burden of either fulfilling their Focus or facing a fate harsher than death itself.
A prayer for redemption.
A wish to protect the world.
A promise to challenge destiny.
After thirteen days of fates intertwined, the battle begins.
· Take Part in a Gaming Experience that Sets New Standards
– The first in the series developed for a simultaneous release on multiple high-definition consoles, FINAL FANTASY XIII pushes new boundaries in cinematic presentation, sound and gameplay.
· Experience the Unity of Speed and Strategy with the Ultimate Active Time Battle system
– The familiar system has evolved, granting players the freedom of executing numerous commands in a single turn with the multi-slot ATB gauge. Whether inputting singular commands in each slot for consecutive attacks, or expending multiple slots at once to activate a devastating blow, it’s up to the players to respond effectively to the battle conditions at hand.
· Adapt to the Ever-Changing Tide of Battle with Paradigms
– A brand-new game mechanic enabling players to assign roles to their party members at any time during battle, shifting between combat paradigms. Consisting of various combinations of the game's six roles, ranging from Commando, the offensive specialist, to Medic, the quintessential healer, paradigms allow players to respond and adapt instantly to any given situation to turn the tide and seize victory.
· Witness the Battle Scene Transform with an All-New Summon System
– Introducing Gestalt Mode, a powerful dimension of the summon system that elevates the action to a whole new level. In Gestalt Mode, characters and their transformed Eidolons fight as one, dealing massive damage to enemies through simple button commands.
· Delve into an Emotional Experience
– An immersive storyline connects players to an intriguing cast of characters. Will they have the strength to confront their cursed fates, or will destiny prevail over all that they believe in?
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America, and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises — FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 50 million units worldwide — under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.