Tropico 4 to hit the PC and Xbox 360 in Q2
2/1/2011 11:04:00 AM
Kalypso announced today that Tropico 4 is now scheduled for release in Q2 of 2011 meaning that you'll be able to live out all your petty tyrant fantasies by the start of summer. The game will feature 20 new missions, new building types (including a mall), Twitter and Facebook integration, a new graphics engine, and a bevy of other features that will enhance the life of El Presidente.
Tropico 4 for Xbox 360 Set for a Q2 2011 Release
Ridgewood, NJ, February 1, 2011 - Kalypso Media USA, Inc. is pleased to announce that Tropico 4 is officially slated for release on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft in addition to Windows PC in Q2 2011. Tropico 4 is the latest game in the wildly successful, award-winning Tropico series of city building/strategy games that put players in the (jack) boots of El Presidente, the iron-fisted ruler of the small island nation of Tropico. Tropico 4 for Xbox 360 and Windows PC will feature new missions, maps, buildings, enhancements to the political and economic systems and much more.
Tropico 4 sees you return as El Presidente, the tyrannical (or benevolent) dictator of the island paradise of Tropico. The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times – geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers -- and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges. If you are to triumph over your naysayers you will need to gain as much support from your people as possible. Your decisions will shape the future of your nation, and more importantly, the size of your off-shore bank account.
Tropico 4 expands on the gameplay of the previous game with new political additions – including more superpowers to negotiate with, along with the ability to elect ministers into power to help get your more controversial policies passed. But remember to keep your friends close and your enemies closer as everyone has an agenda! Your political mettle will be thoroughly tested, as new natural disasters will have the populace clamoring for you and your cabinet to help them recover from some of the worst Mother Nature can dish out.
Tropico 4 also brings a new level of social interaction with the addition of Facebook and Twitter integration (Windows PC version only). Post comments on Twitter direct from the game and have updates go out when you complete missions or unlock new achievements. You can even take screenshots of your burgeoning island and post your dream creation on your Tropico 4 Facebook page and compare your interactive Dictator Ranking on the online leaderboards.
* New campaign – Face 20 new challenging missions across 10 entirely new maps
* Build Your Vision of Island Perfection – Not only are the graphics enhanced, but 20 new buildings including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park and a mausoleum for El Presidente allow you to craft your perfect balance of beauty and economic efficiency
* State of Emergency - Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes prove that Mother Nature can be a tougher adversaries than opponents bent on your political ouster
* Council of Ministers - Appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts to help push through and enact your more controversial decisions and edicts
* National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events that can further or hamper your dictatorial ambitions
* Facebook and Twitter integration – Post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements and screenshots of your ultimate island empire on facebook and compare your Dictator Rankings against others online (Windows PC only feature)
Tropico 4 is currently in development by Haemimont Games and is scheduled for release in Q2 2011. For more information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software that employs nearly 100 video game industry experts world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH -- and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media recently released the critically acclaimed best-seller Tropico 3 for Xbox 360 and PC, DarkStar One – Broken Alliance for Xbox 360, Disciples III: Renaissance and Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade for Windows PC. Upcoming titles include Dungeons, The First Templar and Tropico 4.
About Haemimont Games
Haemimont Games is an independent games development team brought together by a common passion: to thrill, engage and provoke gamers worldwide. Since 1997, the studio has developed ten original titles with numerous add-ons, including Tropico 3 and The First Templar.
For more information visit www.haemimontgames.com