Patch 1.06 has been released by FrozenByte for the PC version of their action-platformer, Trine
. The patch removes the copy-protection from the retail version of the game. It also improves support for multiple mice and keyboards along with other minor tweaks and fixes.
Read on for the full list of changes. Steam should automatically update Trine
if you have it on that service, but you can download the patch here
if you have the retail version. Tyler liked the game
and it's still on my list of "must play eventually" games.
Trine patch 1.06 released; removes copy-protection
Also improves multi-keyboard and mice support and features other minor tweaks
Helsinki, Finland - 9 April 2010 - Finnish game developer Frozenbyte is happy to announce the release of a new patch to the PC version of the award-winning action-platformer game Trine. Among other things, the 1.06 patch removes copy-protection from the European and North American retail versions of the game, improves support for multiple mice and keyboards, and features many smaller tweaks that make the game even more enjoyable to all players. The patch can be downloaded from the official website at http://www.trine-thegame.com/ .
Full patch 1.06 notes:
* removes copy-protection from some retail versions of Trine (Europe, North America)
* adds new resolutions to the Launcher (uncommon resolutions can still be forced by editing config\options.txt and setting the resolution with lines screen_height_and screen_width)
* adds support for manually configuring which input devices to use in config\options.txt (player1_keyboard_ID, player1_mouse_ID)
* adds Turkish language support (text), thanks to 23 Studios (Semih Sancar & Devrim Sahin)
* fixes "Up" control to be separate from "Jump" (configurable in the Customize controllers screen)
* fixes Windowed mode titlebar support
* fixes mouse cursor in widescreen (aspect ratio)
* fixes a rare crash when the player touches a falling rock as it breaks
* fixes a rare crash when a water splash effect is played while the player exits to menus
* fixes a rare bug that occurred when the player switched characters and died simultaneously
* fixes final boss animations sometimes not working properly (Tower of Sarek)
* fixes a co-op respawn bug with the last checkpoint (Tower of Sarek)
* fixes a collision issue in the Iron Forge level (caused the Thief to take damage from lava)
* fixes several oxygen gauge bugs
* fixes autoaim bugs in Tower of Sarek
* fixes the Boots item to work properly (reduces spike/goo damage)
* fixes random failure of overwriting save slots in the New Game menu
* fixes incorrect behavior with menu select confirms when using a gamepad
* fixes menu behavior during fade outs
* fixes Credits section names again
* note: a check for Radeon 5000 Series (5400-5900) for Vista/Windows 7 has been added to disable high quality videos that cause random crashes with these systems; this check can be disabled with the option "force_high_quality_video = 1" in config\options.txt (which may be useful if e.g. new graphics drivers fix the problem eventually).