Trials of St. Lucia DLC launches today
4/29/2010 8:04:00 PM
Visceral has officially launched Dante’s Inferno
DLC pack – Trials of St. Lucia
– today. The exciting features of this DLC are the opportunity for online co-operative play with a new playable character, St. Lucia, who attacks while flying in mid-air.
You can play around with one of the 40 trials already made by Visceral, or create your own trial with the level editor. This should bode well for the social aspects of this game, including the ability to play others’ trials and rate them. Read on for full details and the pricing information. Check out the launch trailer below, as well.
Today, Dante’s Inferno introduces online co-operative gameplay and an innovative game editor in the new downloadable content pack Dante’s Inferno™: Trials of St. Lucia. Players can create trials using an in-game editor to customize arenas, enemies, obstacles, and combat objectives. Trials can be single player or two-play co-op experiences and shared with players from around the world who can download and play them for leaderboard scores. For players that are looking for new challenges right out of the box, Trials of St. Lucia includes 40 increasingly difficult Trials designed by the Dante’s Inferno team at Visceral Games. With this game-extending pack, players will also receive an all-new playable character – St. Lucia of Syracuse – Dante’s guardian angel who flies and is equipped with all-new moves and combos. Dante’s Inferno Trials of St. Lucia is available worldwide via the in-game Downloadable Content menu as well as on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace at a cost of 800 Microsoft points and on the PlayStation®Network Store for $9.99.
Key Features Include:
* Online Co-Operative Play – Choose Dante or St. Lucia and play co-operatively online; combine battle tactics to defeat other players Trials and earn a ranking on the Inferno leaderboards.
* Create Combat Trials – Create your own Trials with a full-featured combat editor. Pick from new locations, create waves featuring new and existing Dante’s Inferno enemies, tune and script characters, add traps and obstacles, then upload and share your creations online with players across the globe.
* St. Lucia – A New Playable Character – Play as the beautiful and deadly St. Lucia of Syracuse, the battle-ready angel that flies and possesses all-new moves and combos
* Challenge Yourself & Other Players– Download and play other players’ Trials or try your hand at beating EA’s increasingly dangerous single and two-player Trials. Challenge yourself to win medals, achievements and rank up leaderboard scores.
* Rate Trials – Provide a 1 to 5 star rating for Trials that you play. The online community will help the best Trials rise to the top!
* Rank on the Worldwide Leaderboards – Compare your worldwide standings as Player and/or Creator.
For more information on Dante’s Inferno, please follow Dante’s Inferno on Twitter at www.twitter.com/danteteam, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/dantesinferno and visit the game’s official web site at www.dantesinferno.com.