Publisher Square Enix
and developer Crystal Dynamics
have revealed the PC system specifications for the upcoming Tomb Raider
, which will be available on March 5. The game's PC version was developed in collaboration between Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes
and is described as having been "extensively optimized to heighten the gameplay experience; with the goal of taking advantage of the PC platform."
Some of the notable features include Steamworks integration, high-resolution textures, and improved detail tessellation, SSAO, and post-filter effects. As well, the PC version of Tomb Raider supports both AMD HD3D and AMD Eyefinity technologies. The complete list of PC features and system requirements are attached below.
Enhanced PC features
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
- Gamepad support.
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
- Higher quality shadows
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
- A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT, nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+), Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 4870, nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565, Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory