The Piano is Easy on your DS!
4/6/2010 7:30:00 PM
Valcon Games is reporting that their Easy Piano
game is shipping to retailers. I remember being pretty surprised when this was first announced, just by how classy the peripheral looks. I mean look at that thing, it's a little piano plugged into your DS! Easy Piano is a more serious music game and can actually teach you the fundamentals of playing the piano, at least according to Valcon. After plunking around on a plastic guitar for the past five years and getting nowhere closer to learning the real thing, I'm definitely interested in the more educational Easy Piano.
KIDS LEARN TO PLAY THE PIANO WITH THE NINTENDO DS
Valcon Games Ships First‐Ever Nintendo DS™ Piano Game That Includes Groundbreaking External Peripheral Keyboard
Redmond, WA (APRIL 6, 2010) – Learning how to play the piano just became easier and more
fun with Easy Piano from VALCON GAMES. Created by the production company Game Life,
Easy Piano is a new innovative piano music game for the Nintendo DS™ system that allows
players to have fun playing a game, learning how to play the piano and composing songs.
Thanks to a 13‐note, full‐octave external keyboard peripheral, this is as close as you can get to
playing a real piano on a game console. This product started shipping into North American retail
this week for an SRP of $39.99 and will be available at Wal‐Mart, Amazon.com, Toys “R” Us and
other retail and online chains.
“Once players get their fingers on Easy Piano’s keyboard, they will understand why playing and
learning the piano has never been as fun and as accessible as it is with this product” said Glenn
Halseth, CEO of Valcon Games.
Easy Piano Key Features:
• External 13‐note keyboard peripheral specially made to work with Nintendo DS™
• 13‐note keyboard on the Nintendo DS™ touch screen in addition to the external
• 36 songs that range from Pop to Classical to play a quick game, where the Easy Piano
display prompts you to hit certain keys, similar to other popular music games currently
on the market
• Creation mode that allows players to record up to three 3‐minute‐long masterpieces up
to 32 bars
• 10 piano lessons with games and activities that emphasize each lesson
• 10 mini‐games to help users read, play and understand playing the piano
• 2 difficulty modes – beginner and virtuoso
• 5 instruments (piano, saxophone, trumpet, guitar and violin) to hear composed music
• Valcon Games, LLC (http://www.valcongames.com)
About Valcon Games, LLC
Headquartered in Redmond, WA, Valcon Games LLC is video game publishing company that delivers unique and
creative software for the Nintendo DS, Wii, Sony PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP®
(PlayStation®Portable) system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360®video game
and entertainment system from Microsoft. Valcon Games approach to product is similar to that of the ‘indie’
movie scene. With low overheads and an efficient publishing model, Valcon Games can help bring products to the
U.S. market that might otherwise be overlooked. The company was co‐founded by industry veterans Colin Gordon
and Glenn Halseth. More company information can be found at www.valcongames.com