The Debate Club takes on the console war
6/7/2007 3:23:00 PM
Okay, it's time to finally lay all the cards out on the table. You've read the flame wars raging through the forums, but Xfire is putting together a Debate Club to discuss "The Console War" (ahhhh, reminds me of the East Coast vs. West Coast rap beef of the 90's). Logon to Xfire today at 5:00 pm EDT / 2:00 pm PDT to hear (among others) Dan Hsu, editor-in-chief of Electronic Gaming Monthly; Chris Grant, editor of Joystiq, and Brandon Sheffield, senior editor of Game Developer Magazine and Gamasutra.
** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT **
XFIRE READIES FOR BATTLE AS "DEBATE CLUB" TAKES ON THE CONSOLE WAR
Join Experts From Cross-Section of Specialties as They Debate "The Console War"
Log On to Xfire Thursday, June 7 at 5:00 PM EDT/2:00 PM PDT
Xfire - the seven million strong gaming community - to present an all-new installment of "Debate Club: The Two-Handed Sword," exploring the fanatically debated topic of "The Console War." In this interactive debate, moderated by Electronic Gaming Monthly's Editor-in-Chief Dan "Shoe" Hsu, a panel of experts from a variety of specialties will discuss a range of subjects relating to five specific perspectives: the games, the gamers, the developers, the journalists and each hardware's intrinsic value.
Xfire welcomes the following "Debate Club" participants:
· Moderator - Dan Hsu, editor-in-chief of Electronic Gaming Monthly
· Chris Grant, editor of Joystiq;
· Niels Keurentjes, editor-in-chief of Xboxic;
· Peter Rojas, editor-in-chief of Engadget and co-founder of Joystiq;
· Brandon Sheffield, senior editor of Game Developer Magazine & Gamasutra;
· Paul Shields, unrepentant PS3 fan, PS3forums;
· James Temperton, deputy editor of Cubed3;
· Michael Zenke, editor of Slashdot; and
· Xfire Community
Thursday, June 7, 5:00pm EDT/2:00pm PDT
Via Xfire, www.xfire.com/debate