THQ*ICE kicks off the official North American grand opening of 'Dragonica Online'
10/14/2009 2:32:00 PM
Excited for the grand opening of Dragonica Online
in North America? Sick of waiting? Well, guess what! The wait is over, and THQ*ICE has officially kicked-off the grand opening! To celebrate, special events will be hosted, and stuff will
be given away! For a list of the events taking place, just check out the press release. Dragonica Online is rated E10+, and you can sign-up to play at the Dragonica home page at THQ*ICE
THQ*ICE Kicks-Off The Official Grand Opening
Of ‘Dragonica™ Online’ for North America
In Style With Special Events, Bonus Items & Giveaways
AGOURA HILLS, CA – October 14, 2009 – Great prizes, in-game loot and exciting quests await registered players as THQ*ICE today announced Thursday, October 15th as the official grand opening for their highly anticipated free-to-play Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game, Dragonica™ Online (http://dragonica.thqice.com). Filled with a rich storyline, beautiful lands, challenging boss battles, and comical skill moves, Dragonica Online redefines traditional arcade-style fun for all types of MMO players. THQ*ICE invites you to come explore Dragonica Online and choose your fun.
As part of the official game launch, THQ*ICE is hosting a series of fun-filled events and contests for all registered players which include:
· Emporia War Challenge: players can join their guild members for the top honors as the strongest guild. On opening day, October 15th, guilds will have to knock down the THQ*ICE guild to win this title in the new guild-versus-guild feature.
· On Guard for Game Cards: players who log in every day between October 15 and October 22 are automatically entered to win a collectible Dragonica Online Game Card.
· Increased Rates: between October 15 and October 18, THQ*ICE will be increasing the size and rates of gold drops and increased XP gain to celebrate the opening weekend of Dragonica Online.
· Around the World in 80 Hours: players must travel to various places within the game world, take screenshots as proof of their journey and then post them in the forums to win prizes by October 18th, 10 PM (PDT).
· New Dungeon Content: Dragonica Online's third dungeon opens next week! Hidden deep in the Sanctuary of the Gods, the Kundaran Dungeon is designed to test adventurers level 50 and up.
· And much more!
New and veteran players can still participate in ongoing events and contests as well, such as:
· Loot Hunt: collect in-game raffle cards to win incredible prizes including a trip to Korea, an 8GB iPod Touch, iHome’s iP71 iPod Computer Speakers, and more! With the Increased Rates for opening weekend, the hunt for raffle cards is even more rewarding!
“Dragonica Online is an extraordinary multiplayer experience whose sense of humor and unique combination of gameplay has been drawing raves from the online gaming community,” said Aaron Dean, Marketing Manager, THQ*ICE. “We are excited about our grand opening and look forward to celebrating with our community. The THQ*ICE guild is eager to test our player’s skills in the Emporia War Challenge; it should be a lot of fun!”
Rated ‘E10+’ for Everyone over the age of 10, fans can register to play Dragonica Online at http://dragonica.thqice.com, follow on Twitter at http://twitter.com/dragonicathqice or join on Facebook at http://facebook.com/dragonica.
Developed by Barunson Interactive, Dragonica Online is the first free-to-play fantasy-action MMORPG to merge fast-paced combat, 3D side-scrolling and a hilarious, yet devastating, skill system. Players can join the quest to vanquish the threat of the evil Lord Dragon Elga; explore a fantastical new world rife with Boss Battle monsters, Mission Map challenges, and epic adventures.
About THQ*ICE LLC
THQ*ICE LLC is an online games operator specializing in casual massively multiplayer online (MMO) games. As a joint venture between THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and ICE Entertainment, THQ*ICE combines THQ's product development and retail publishing expertise with ICE's technology and service operations experience. THQ*ICE is dedicated to building an online platform of high quality games and premium content featuring free-to-play, micro transaction models. Dragonica Online and its respective logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ*ICE LLC in the U.S. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the business of THQ Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as "THQ"), including, but not limited to, expectations and projections related to the Dragonica Online video game, and are based upon management's current beliefs and certain assumptions made by management. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, business, competitive, economic, legal, political and technological factors affecting our industry, operations, markets, products or pricing. Readers should carefully review the risk factors and the information that could materially affect THQ's financial results, described in other documents that THQ files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal period ended March 31, 2009, and particularly the discussion of risk factors set forth therein. Unless otherwise required by law, THQ disclaims any obligation to update its view on any such risks or uncertainties or to revise or publicly release the results of any revision to these forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.