Supreme Commander 2 dated
11/20/2009 12:16:00 PM
I never played the first one but Chuck was a fan of the game. Now, the Supreme Commander 2 for the PC will be available on March 2, 2010 while the 360 version follows a few weeks later at March 16, 2010.
Supreme Commander 2 is a real time strategy game that's set 25 years after the first one. What's good about the series is the scope of having large battles with a large amount of troops on hand to command. This is the first one that Square's publishing as they look to branch out into other genres.
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED
Square Enix Reveals Street Dates for PC and Xbox 360 Versions of Upcoming Real-Time Strategy Game
LOS ANGELES (November 19, 2009) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that SUPREME COMMANDER® 2, created by critically-acclaimed developer Gas Powered Games, will be available on PC-DVD March 2, 2010 and on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on March 16, 2010.
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is the next installment in the award-winning SUPREME COMMANDER franchise, set 25 years further into the future. Featuring numerous game enhancements, an in-depth campaign mode, online multiplayer and a unique storyline, the game represents a new dimension in RTS gaming.
Boasting intense battles on a massive scale, players will wage war, creating enormous customizable armies and experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Assume the role of one of the three enigmatic commanders, each representing a unique faction with a rich story that brings a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre.
"The partnership with Square Enix has been a highlight of my career," said Chris Taylor, Founder and Creative Director of Gas Powered Games. "I couldn’t be more proud of what the team has accomplished, as the game has continually exceeded all of my expectations throughout its development."
“Supreme Commander 2 is a shining example of our strategic partnership with Gas Powered Games,” said John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix, Inc. “Square Enix's expertise in character development and storytelling, combined with the real-time strategy experience of the creative talent at Gas Powered Games, promises to deliver a feature-rich product that we hope gamers from around the globe will enjoy.”
About SUPREME COMMANDER 2
Set 25 years after the end of the Infinite War, SUPREME COMMANDER 2 starts with the galaxy reeling from the recent assassination of the newly elected president of the fragile Colonial Defense Coalition. The members of the Coalition – the United Earth Federation, The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation –blame each other, and the early rumbles of war can be heard throughout the galaxy.
* Take on the role of three enigmatic commanders; former friends from each of the unique factions -- The United Earth Federation (UEF), The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation -- who get dragged into a conflict of galactic consequences
* Explore a rich, character-driven single-player game which spans over 18 missions and delivers a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre, or take the battle online for an exhilarating multi-player experience
* Fight action-packed battles on a massive scale, waging war with enormous land, air and naval units in visually spectacular environments, brought to life by all-new rendering technology and a true evolution of RTS controls on both platforms
* Upgrade and customize armies with new weapons and technology and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, turning a base-level tank into a high-powered, multi-barreled, anti-aircraft-sporting multipurpose battle unit
* Deploy wild experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Experience a streamlined economy and redesigned UI that put the focus squarely on combat, battlefield tactics and high-level strategic decision making, and give improved player feedback in Strategic Zoom view