Adventure gamers looking for an advance taste of the upcoming horror adventure game Still Life
can check out an advance demo of the game here
. The 250 MB demo allows you to try out the dual roles of the game (Victoria and Gus) as you try to unravel what happened at a crime scene.
About Still Life (PC AND XBOX!)
Players step into the role of Victoria McPherson, a brilliant young FBI agent and the granddaughter of Post Mortemâ€™s famed Private Detective, Gustav McPherson. On the hunt for a serial killer, Victoria is up against five dead bodies, a mountain of circumstantial evidence and an angry boss breathing down her neck. Things become more complicated when, on a visit to her childhood home, she comes across one of Gusâ€™ old case files dating back more than 75 years. As she reads deeper into the file, she discovers an uncanny number of similarities between her case in Chicago and the gruesome killings in 1920s Prague...
â€œWe are delighted to work again with Microids who masterfully crafted the Adventure Game of the Year Syberia and the successful Post Mortem,â€ said Robert Stevenson, VP Product Development and Acquisitions at The Adventure Company. â€œStill Life is a fully involved experience, exploiting all of the mystery and macabre so sought after in entertainment today.â€
Still Life is a unique adventure which gives players an insider view into the world of a criminal investigator. While on the case, they will employ a variety of forensic devices and techniques and investigate intriguing characters in modern day Chicago and late 1920s Prague.
- Play as two characters: Private Eye, Gus McPherson and FBI Agent, Victoria McPherson.
- Compelling storyline set in modern Chicago and late 1920s Prague
- Challenging puzzles finely integrated into the storyline
- Life-like, crime scene investigations of gruesome serial homicides
- Full-screen inventory offering an examine feature, with a zoom function, and a combine button to allow wider use of inventory items.
- Beautifully detailed environments and stunning cinematics, in the Microids tradition
- Web-Based mysteries to investigate before and after the launch! More details forthcoming.