is fast approaching for the Nintendo DS and DSi. If you haven’t read the scoop, here’s the short version: Scribblenauts
is a puzzle game developed by 5th Cell featuring 220 challenges that can be solved according to your imagination. That’s right – you can draw anything
with the stylus and it will appear and function as it does in the real world to be used to guide Maxwell towards the goal of obtaining the Starites in each level.
In preparation for the September 15th release, Scribblenauts
now has a Facebook
page and Youtube
channel for your viewing pleasure. We all know the only way to get hyped for a new game is to get super obsessed about it, so get your bookmarking done now!
SCRIBBLENAUTS FACT SHEET
PLATFORMS: Nintendo DS™
RELEASE DATE: Sept. 15, 2009
PUBLISHER: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
DEVELOPER: 5TH Cell
ESRB RATING: E10+
GENRE: Emergent Puzzle/Action
Scribblenauts is a completely original gameplay experience that anyone can play, offering fun for all ages with two styles of gameplay and more than 200 levels. In Scribblenauts, players use the Nintendo DS™ touch-screen to help their character Maxwell acquire the Starite in each level by solving a series of puzzles armed with their stylus, notepad and imagination. Players jot down the word for any object that comes to mind in order to reach the goal. Every object behaves as it would in the real world, and players can combine countless objects to create completely new scenarios. Every level has more than one written object to use as a solution, opening up the game to endless replay.
In Scribblenauts, players advance through ten worlds, each with eleven puzzle and eleven action levels for a total of 220 challenges to complete. Each level has a “par” for the number of objects suggested to finish the level. Beating a level with under par, earns “Ollars”, the in-game currency, which players can use to purchase new levels and music.
* Create Your Own Interactive Experience: Objects you write down in the game are only limited by your imagination.
* Everyone Can Play: Pick-up-and-play fun for everyone.
* Touch-screen Controls: Easy to pick up and play on Nintendo DS™. If you can tap, you can play!
* Unlimited Replay Value: Use less objects to increase your score, or experiment with different objects for endless replay value. Write anything; solve everything!
* Playground Mode: Play the entire game in a sandbox style right on the title screen.
* Create and Share Levels Online: Share levels you create with the Level Editor via Nintendo DS™ Wi-Fi Connection.
* Innovative New Title from Leading Developer: 5TH Cell, the creator of the Drawn to Life franchise and Lock's Quest, has experience creating high-quality, innovative DS games.