Square Enix to allow you with play with your wanzers on September 28th
7/22/2010 11:03:00 AM
It looks like Front Mission Evolved
has been pushed back a little as the game now has a release date of September 28th. The game was originally scheduled to come out September 14th so it's not that bad of a delay. The game represents a major change in game play as it's moving from a turn based game to a third person action game so two weeks really isn't that bad given the amount of change the series is going through.
Those who pre-order the game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Gamestop will receive two extra classic mechs ... err Wanzers from the earlier games. Here's what you get for loaning your money to the afore mentioned retailers:
Calm: A wanzer that has long been a part of the FRONT MISSION series. Although its appearance is far from intimidating, this war machine is unmatched in melee combat as well as long-range firefights when equipped with the appropriate weapons.
Rexon: As in previous FRONT MISSION titles, Rexon is a skilled sniper-type wanzer. Once equipped with a rifle, it becomes a threat to anything that crosses its line of fire.
I'm interested to see how fans of the original series react to the change as it's a pretty radical departure to go from tactics and plotting to twitch based game play. What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
FRONT MISSION EVOLVED LAUNCH DATE UPDATED TO SEPTEMBER 28, 2010
Classic Wanzers Announced as Exclusive Pre-Order Items
WHAT: Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that the North American launch date for FRONT MISSION EVOLVED™ has been updated to September 28, 2010. Developed in collaboration by Double Helix Games™ and Square Enix, the riveting third-person shooter will be available on PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and in stereoscopic 3D for Windows® PC.
Pre-order FRONT MISSION EVOLVED today to receive two exclusive, classic Front Mission® wanzers. The pre-order items are only available through Amazon®, Best Buy® and GameStop®.
* Calm: A wanzer that has long been a part of the FRONT MISSION series. Although its appearance is far from intimidating, this war machine is unmatched in melee combat as well as long-range firefights when equipped with the appropriate weapons.
* Rexon: As in previous FRONT MISSION titles, Rexon is a skilled sniper-type wanzer. Once equipped with a rifle, it becomes a threat to anything that crosses its line of fire.
FRONT MISSION EVOLVED empowers players with the experience of piloting and customizing massive armored units called wanzers while engaging in high-intensity battles driven by a compelling story. Both Square Enix and Double Helix Games are committed to delivering the ultimate FRONT MISSION experience and on September 28, FRONT MISSION EVOLVED will embed players in heart-pounding, large-scale action unlike anything they’ve ever seen before.
WHEN/WHERE: FRONT MISSION EVOLVED will be available at North American retailers beginning September 28, 2010 for the suggested retail price of $59.99 for the PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360, and $49.99 for Windows PC.
Pre-order items are available only through Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop. For more information, please visit the official website at www.frontmissionevolved.com.
About FRONT MISSION EVOLVED:
In the future, the world is a changed place. Technology has advanced. Countries have merged into massive geopolitical blocks. But one thing, sadly, remains the same – humanity’s appetite for war. When a terrorist attack destroys one of the U.C.S.’s prized orbital elevators, the military is mobilized to eliminate the threat.
Dylan Ramsey, a young engineer, finds himself quickly caught in a swirl of destruction, conspiracies and crumbling alliances. Experience his story in this high-octane third-person shooter.
Choose from dozens of weapons and parts, including weapons that can be equipped on both hands and shoulders, to customize your wanzer and blast your way to victory.
When you think you’re ready for a new challenge, join the ranks of online pilots for intense multiplayer battles!
· Engage enemies amidst the concrete of labyrinthine cities, across the frozen wastes of the Antarctic and a host of other unique battlefields. Master the speed, firepower and adaptability of the multipurpose wanzer to ensure survival and success.
· Choose from dozens of weapons and parts, including weapons that can be equipped on both hands and shoulders to build a war machine suited to any play style.
· Equip weapons ranging from standard-issue machine guns to high-powered rifles and heavy-hitting, shoulder-mounted rocket launchers to administer widespread destruction.
· Optimize wanzer mobility for any type of terrain with specialized leg parts.
· After trashing enemies in single-player mode, enter a new battlefield online – solo or in a team – and match skills against other players fielding their own, highly customized wanzers.
· Become immersed in a rich story crafted by the storytelling masterminds at Square Enix.
· Experience the full force of battle in stereoscopic 3-D for Windows PC through NVIDIA 3-D Vision technology.
Visit the official website www.frontmissionevolved.com and the official Facebook page. Additionally, keep up with the all the latest insider news from the team through the official development blog: http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/fme/.
FRONT MISSION and FRONT MISSION EVOLVED are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Double Helix Games is a trademark of Backbone Entertainment. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox 360 and Windows are registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Technologies, Inc. Best Buy is a registered trademark of BBY Solutions, Inc. GameStop is a registered trademark of GameStop Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.