has announced that real-time strategy game Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
will be receiving its first downloadable content titled Forbidden Worlds
next month. Set in the depths of Trader Space, players will experience a new sector of the galaxy with planets that contains far more variety than previously found in the Sins of a Solar Empire series. The complete list of features include:
- Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
- 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
- Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Unlock five new Steam Achievements and display your mastery of forbidden space!
The Forbidden Worlds
downloadable content for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
will launch on June 5 for Windows PC and retail for $4.99.