Not too long ago I posted news about Stardock's new Elemental game (Fallen Enchantress). Now they have unveiled their newest full fledged expansion in the Sins of a Solar Empire universe called Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
. While there's not much yet in the way of screenshots (well, it was just recently announced) check out a couple pics below and read on for the full press release.
Rebellion is Upon Us: The Next Chapter of Sins of a Solar Empire Unveiled at Game Developer’s Conference 2011
-Stardock Entertainment and Ironclad Games Announce
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion -
Plymouth, MI – March 1, 2011 –
The time of Diplomacy is over. The length of the war and differing opinions on what should be done to bring the war to an end has led to a splintering of the groups involved. The controlling powers-that-be have depleted arsenals and seemed to have exhausted all efforts of diplomacy. Trapped in a stalemate, sub-factions have rebelled and broken off the main alignments. Rebellion is upon us.
The exciting next chapter in the awesome Sins of a Solar Empire
universe has arrived. A full-fledged expansion to the original, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
draws you even deeper into the galactic struggle for supremacy with appealing new factions, terrifyingly cool new ships of all sizes, enhanced lighting and particle effects for increased visual pleasure and all-new victory conditions.
“Rebellion is the first stand-alone expansion to the Sins of a Solar Empire universe,” said Brian Clair, director of publishing for Stardock. “Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will add many new ships, refresh the visuals and integrate Impulse::Reactor features to support achievements, multiplayer leagues and much more.”
In the original award-winning Sins of a Solar Empire,
developed by Ironclad Games, you are the leader of one of three civilizations embroiled in a galactic war, fighting for survival of your entire race against relentless foes. Your success will depend on your ability to manage your empire and command your vast fleets of starships to victory. Players will colonize new worlds, develop extensive trade networks, conduct research, fortify their empires with powerful starbases and fleets of ships, plus control the galaxy using the unique diplomacy system that reacts dynamically to the players’ actions.
New features of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
· New Factions: Players decide whether to become Loyalists or Rebels, which unlocks a unique new tech tree granting them new technologies and ship variants.
· New Titan-class ships: Massive warships for each race that dwarf capital ships, these deadly new monsters are capable of wiping out entire enemy fleets single-handedly.
· New Capital Ships: A new capital ship class arrives, giving players new strategic options.
· New Corvette-class ships: Small, highly maneuverable light ships that are adept at a variety of tasks.
· Loyalist and Rebel versions of some of the existing Sins’ frigates and cruisers, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
· Updated lighting and particle effects for enhanced visuals.
· New Victory Conditions to allow for more variety, differing strategies and shorter game sessions.
· Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
· Impulse::Reactor support for chat, friends, achievements and more.
For the complete Sins of a Solar Empire experience, please visit www.sinsofasolarempire.com
Ironclad Games is the creator, owner and developer behind the top selling and critically acclaimed Sins of a Solar Empire
series. Learn more by visiting www.ironcladgames.com
Stardock is one of the world's leading developers and publishers of PC games and desktop software. Its PC games include the award-winning Sins of a Solar Empire
as well as the critically acclaimed Galactic Civilizations
series. Its desktop software includes Object Desktop
, and a host of other programs for customizing the Windows experience. Learn more about Stardock by visiting www.stardock.com.