2K Sports have announced their partnership with seven more baseball players to promote Major League Baseball 2K10
. They'll not only be active spokesmen but will also serve as gameplay advisers for the title. It's all in an effort to maximize the realism in the game.
Read all about these players and what 2K Sports thinks makes them superstar material in the press release. Major League Baseball 2K10
will hit stores on March 2, 2010. They will be releasing a video soon so look for it to be posted here later in the day.
2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote Major League Baseball® 2K10 this Season
Cover athlete Evan Longoria to be joined by seven of the top players in Major League Baseball®
January 7, 2010 - In addition to cover athlete Evan Longoria, third baseman for the Tampa Bay Rays®, 2K Sports announced today that they have partnered with seven additional elite baseball superstars to help promote Major League Baseball® 2K10. The players will form an impressive council, who will serve as active spokesmen and invaluable gameplay advisors for the title this season. These seven players were selected not only for their excellence on the baseball diamond, but also for their commitment and desire to help create the most authentic MLB video game to date.
The council of players for Major League Baseball® 2K10 include:
- Andrew Bailey, relief pitcher of the Oakland Athletics®, 2009 American League Rookie of the Year and American League All-Star
- Felix Hernandez, starting pitcher of the Seattle Mariners®, 2009 American League All-Star
- Jose Reyes, shortstop of the New York Mets®,2-time National League All-Star selection
- Justin Morneau, first baseman of the Minnesota Twins®, 2006 American League Most Valuable Player
- Justin Verlander, starting pitcher of the Detroit Tigers®, 2-time American League All-Star selection
- Kendry Morales, first baseman of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim®, August 2009 American League Player of the Month
- Nelson Cruz, outfielder of the Texas Rangers®, 2009 American League All-Star
"We look to partner with the top emerging talent every year to assist us in shaping our MLB 2K franchise," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "Working with these seven elite players to ensure our product is up to their standards presents a fantastic opportunity for 2K Sports. These players embody the 2K Sports brand, and we are excited to work with them on Major League Baseball 2K10."
As part of their partnership with 2K Sports, the athletes will consult with the development team at 2K Sports' Visual Concepts studio to provide their expertise and recommendations for how to maximize the realism of Major League Baseball 2K10 and create the most authentic pitcher-batter battle experiences. These players will also appear in an upcoming "Pitchers vs. Hitters" video series that will highlight the intense battle from the mound to the batter's box in Major League Baseball 2K10.
Major League Baseball 2K10 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available on March 2, 2010 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, WiiTM system, Nintendo DSTM and Windows PC. For more information about Major League Baseball 2K10, please visit www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k10.
2K Sports is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).