Ubisoft just opened the beta for Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom
. The Settlers series is huge in Germany and Bruce Shelley, one of Sid Meier's cohorts from the Civilization days, is helping Ubisoft out with Paths to a Kingdom. Shelley wants to introduce American gamers to the strategy series, so if you're interested check the press release after the jump and sign up for the beta. FYI, an Ubi account is required.
MEDIA ALERT: THE SETTLERS 7: PATHS TO A KINGDOM BETA TEST REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
SAN FRANCISCO – January 13, 2010 – Today Ubisoft announced that registration is now open for the beta test of the upcoming PC game The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom(TM). The beta will start January 19th and will offer the tutorial missions of the single-player campaign as well as skirmish maps for multiplayer mode or games against the AI. Registered beta testers will be able to discuss the game with developers in a closed board.
To register, go to: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/settlers-7. A ubi.com account is needed for registration. For more information on The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom visit the official website: www.thesettlers.com.
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom main features:
• Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production system allows gamers to expand their kingdoms village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine tuning production chains and transport systems.
• Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdoms to victory around three main pillars:
• Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
• Technology: by being the first to develop new and beneficial technologies.
• Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
Depending on style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variety of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdoms.
• All-new victory system: The new victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdoms.
• Online multiplayer: Gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
• A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-before-seen level of detail. More than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.
• Build your own castle: Bring even more customization to your game as you assemble your castle from a wide range of styles, designs and architectural details. You and your friends can share your creations online.
• Social networking integration: Deep social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter(TM) lets you bring your gaming experience to your social circle.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2008–09 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 1.058 billion euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
©2009 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. The Settlers, The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. Software platform logo (TM and ©) EMA 2006.