It's been a little over a week since the less than stellar release of GTA: Online
and one of the biggest problems that marred it's launch was the problem where characters, progress, cash, cars, and homes were being deleted. Rockstar provided a work around for it, but it seemed like it was still happening. I have been one of the lucky ones that hasn't had their character deleted, but a couple of my friends and thousands more may not have been as lucky.
Thankfully, Rockstar released a new patch
for the game which should fix the character deletion issue and fix other issues as well. It's nice to see that we are a little over a week from launch and Rockstar has released two patches so far to fix issues so we know they are dedicated to making sure GTA: Online
runs smoothly moving forward.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any word about getting characters that have been lost back. Rockstar will continue to look into this issue and see if there is anyway to get those lost characters back as well as fix any other problems that may pop up.
Below is a list of the fixes in the latest patch.
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match