Rise of Immortals closed beta test begins April 5th
3/30/2011 10:48:00 AM
Petroglyph has announced that closed beta testing for Rise of Immortals
will begin on April 5th and if invited you will receive the exclusive "Metal God" skin for the immortal "Lazarus". If you're interested head over to http://www.riseofimmortals.com
to signup, then read on for more info on the game and the closed beta.
PETROGLYPH® ANNOUNCES “RISE OF IMMORTALS”™ CLOSED BETA TEST TO BEGIN APRIL 5
More than Ten Thousand Players to be Invited into Early Look at the Game, Everyone Invited into Closed Beta will Receive the Exclusive "Metal God" skin for the Immortal "Lazarus"
LAS VEGAS, NV – March 30, 2011 –
Petroglyph® today announced that the closed beta test of its eagerly anticipated Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, Rise of Immortals™, is scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 5.
Rise of Immortals, an online, free-to-play PC game that expands on the hit MOBA genre with new, innovative features, is currently in a friends-and-family beta test after a successful showing at the 2011 Game Developers Conference in early March. With the closed beta test beginning April 5, Petroglyph will expand the player base to an estimated ten thousand new testers. Anyone interested in participating in the closed beta test can register to be a participant at http://www.riseofimmortals.com.
In addition, Petroglyph also announced today that all participants in the closed beta test will receive the exclusive "Metal God" skin for the Immortal "Lazarus.” The skin, which includes a new model and textures, will be available exclusively for closed beta testers to enjoy both during beta, and as a complementary add-on to their account at release.
“We had a phenomenal showing at the Game Developers Conference earlier this month,” said Steve Wetherill, executive producer of Rise of Immortals for Petroglyph. “The positive reaction to Rise of Immortals by both press and industry leaders proved to us that there is great deal of interest in new MOBA-style games, particularly those that can expand the market beyond hard-core players. We look forward to the start of the closed beta test, and to using the feedback from players to further enhance the game as we move toward launch.”
Rise of Immortals is a free-to-play, micro-transaction-based online game that will be available via direct download. The game features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, manage friend and guild lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches online.
Features of Rise of Immortals:
· 12 unique Immortals at launch with additional Immortals released on a regular basis
· Persistent per-Immortal level progression and skill trees
· Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
· Player versus Environment instances with collectable items
· Player versus Player instances with up to 5v5 multiplayer
· Persistent experience and leveling in both PvP and PvE instances
· Collectible pets for combat and vanity
· Account and Immortal statistics tracking
· Player hub instances for socialization
· Rise of Immortals Website: http://www.riseofimmortals.com
· RoI on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/riseofimmortals