Rockstar Games has announced that Red Dead Redemption
is getting the Game of the Year Edition treatment on October 11th for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Game of the Year edition will include the full Red Dead Redemption
game, all free and paid DLC packs released to date (including Undead Nightmare), and all bonus content. If you haven't picked up Red Dead Redemption
yet, the Game of the Year edition will only set you back about $50, which isn't bad considering what all comes with it.
Rockstar Games Announces Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition Release on October 11, 2011
New York, NY- September 13, 2011 - Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be released in North America on October 11, 2011, and October 14, 2011, internationally for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. With more than 160 Game of the Year honors, this definitive edition will include all additional content made for the game in a celebration of Red Dead Redemption's critical and commercial success.
“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date, including the wildly popular Undead Nightmare single- and multiplayer offerings; and all bonus content. The comprehensive package includes:
• Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;
• Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;
• Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
• Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
• Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
• Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
• All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
• Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
• Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
Set in the early years of the 20th century, Red Dead Redemption is an epic Western journey across the vanishing American frontier through the eyes of former outlaw John Marston. Alongside the rich, immersive single-player experience, Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer offers a world of dynamic challenges and competitive games suited for a player of any skill level.
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available at retail stores in North America beginning October 11, 2011 for $49.99. The Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack is out now and available for free to download on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.
For more news and information, visit the official Red Dead Redemption website (www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption); become a friend of Rockstar Games on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rockstargames); or follow Rockstar Games on Twitter (twitter.com/rockstargames).
*Requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for online play.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, iPhone®, iPod® touch and iPad®. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS3" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The PlayStation Network Logo is a service mark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.