DECK THE HALLS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON WITH CUTTING-EDGE
VIDEO GAME GEAR FROM RAZER(tm)
July 5, 2006 - Los Angeles - Razer(tm), a leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming peripherals, has the perfect present for any hardcore gamer this holiday season! The new products launching right in time to be loaded onto Santa's sleigh are the Barracuda(tm), an Integrated Audio System and the Tarantula(tm), a hi-tech gaming keyboard.
"Put a smile on any gamer's face this holiday season by giving them the Barracuda(tm) or Tarantula(tm)," says Robert Krakoff, president, Razer(tm) USA. "These products will enhance the gaming experience, giving players a competitive edge and an impressive advantage while offering precision quality and optimal performance."
Designed and engineered from the ground up by the Razer(tm) team, the Razer Barracuda(tm) AC-1 Gaming Audio Card and HP-1 Gaming Headphones are integrated as a single, pure gaming audio system. The Razer Barracuda(tm) Integrated Audio System (IAS) is the first integrated audio system built specifically for gaming. Some distinguishing features are:
- The audio chip onboard the Razer Barracuda AC-1 is one of the most advanced pieces of audio engineering available today - processing and optimizing audio signals from games to provide all round 3D/720 degree positional audio. Gamers can pinpoint specific audio sound cues in-game with 38 percent greater accuracy than conventional soundcards.
- The Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card also features optimized proprietary software drivers to provide for the prioritization of enhanced gaming audio signals and an increased frames per second rate while using a minimal amount of memory and increased frames per second.
- The Razer Barracuda(tm) AC-1 Gaming Audio Card features a 7.1 channel output, 24 bit audio technology and 117dB SNR (output).
- The Passive EMI shield(tm) minimizes electromagnetic interference by preventing unwanted interference from graphics cards and other electrical devices that may affect the gaming audio performance.
- The Razer Barracuda(tm) HP-1's built-in microphone is designed specifically for in-game communications-featuring a short shaft for enhanced comfort and audio pickup, the microphone also has advanced noise cancellation capabilities ideal for frenzied in-game correspondence.
The first definitive gaming keyboard created for gamers, by gamers, the Razer TarantulaTM has several features that set it apart, including:
- Anti-Ghosting capability to prevent key jamming when multiple keys are simultaneously pressed.
- Optimized Hyperesponse(tm) Gaming Keytop for reduced key latency and maximum response.
- Headphone-out and microphone-in jacks for convenient access.
- 2 USB Ports for convenient peripheral plug-ins.
- 95 programmable keys on the Razer TarantulaTM allow configuration of customized keystrokes and macro commands, empowering gamers with seamless control and unparalleled flexibility in competitive gameplay.
· Keys can be programmed without drivers and up to five different gaming profiles which can be stored on the keyboard itself which makes moving from one tournament to another easy. The onboard memory capability powered by Razer Synapse(tm), which was first featured in the multi-award winning Razer Copperhead(tm) gaming mouse.
- Media center keys to control media programs like Windows Media Player.
· Ambient illumination light source runs underneath the keys, enabling the keys to be adequately lit for gaming in low or no light conditions.
The Barracuda(tm) Integrated Audio System ($299.99) and the Tarantula(tm) ($99.00) will be available at major retailers and online just in time for the holidays. The Barracuda(tm) AC-1 7.1 Gaming Soundcard ($199.00) and HP-1 8 Channel Gaming Headphones ($129.00) will also be sold separately.