There are pre-order goodies, and then there are pre-order GOODIES. Looks like EA opted for the latter form of goodies considering they just announced that all pre-orders on Battlefield: Bad Company 2
will be automatically upgraded to Limited Edition.
You can grab this free upgrade on launch date, but they won’t be guaranteed to not have run out.
The Limited Edition comes with 4 vehicle upgrades and 2 old school Battlefield 1943 weapons. Read on for the details of the unlocks, and check out the trailer below.
4 Vehicle Warfare Unlocks
1. Improved Vehicle Armor – An Up-Armor package mounted on all vehicle types decreases the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
2. Vehicle Alternate Fire - Additional weapon packages mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expands the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
3. Vehicle Motion Sensor – Upgraded Sensor to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
4. Tracer Dart Pistol – Launched by compressed air, this magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allows friendly shoulder launched rockets to lock on to and track moving targets even beyond line of sight.
2 Classic Battlefield 1943 Weapons
5. M1A1 Submachine Gun – Popular with Paratrooper and Commando units in WW2 for its rate of fire and stopping power the M1A1 is still seen in the hands of paramilitaries today. Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is still a powerful force in the hands of a Battlefield Veteran.
6. M1911 Pistol – Adopted in 1911 by the US Army the M1911 saw heavy service in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Highly customized M1911 are still favored by Special Operations forces for its reliability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.