You read that headline correctly. Tripwire Interactive's Killing Floor
will be free to play from Thursday (10/22) through Sunday (10/25). Hop on Steam
now to preload the game. All additional content including the "Level Up' Content Pack and the Defence Alliance mod are included.
If you like what you play, buy the game during the event at a 25% discount. Read all about the game and what the extra content brings to the game in the full release.
Killing Floor now pre-loading for Free Weekend of play on Steam
Roswell, GA, 20th October 2009: Tripwire Interactive’s Killing Floor is now available to pre-load if you want to make the most of the upcoming Free Weekend and try out the game. The Free Weekend will run from Thursday 22nd through Sunday 25th October and will allow anyone to play the full game, including all the additional free content, all weekend. This includes the latest “Level Up” content pack and the Defence Alliance mod, both being released on Thursday. It also includes a 25% discount on buying Killing Floor over Steam for the duration of the weekend.
Tripwire have already released one free content pack for the game, plus one DLC character pack. We are releasing the latest free pack, plus another DLC character pack in time for the free weekend, so that everyone can try it all out. The full game will now include:
· Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
· Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
· Over 60 Steam Achievements, including “Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and “Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.
· Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
· Solo game mode for offline play
· 10 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
· Over 20 weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower. Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
· 9 official maps included and more than 100 custom maps created to date!
· 14 player characters to chose from (including additional DLC characters available)
· Players choose one of 7 Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
· Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
· Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
· Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
For a preview of the latest new content, see the new IGN article (http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1036795p1.html). Come and try the game that has been a Number 1 hit on Steam and is now selling in stores across North America and Europe!
If you already own the game, the “Level Up” content pack will update automatically. If you have never tried Killing Floor, click here to start the pre-load: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the “$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including “Multiplayer Game of the Year” and “FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC, Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Killing Floor, Tripwire’s second title, jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. Following on from the success of self-publishing Killing Floor, Tripwire are now publishing third-party titles in stores in North America, starting with the award-winning Zeno Clash. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com