It looks like Sony is finally getting around to posting a ton of stuff on the Playstation Network. Available later today (I just checked and it wasn't up yet) will be a demos for Ninga Gaiden Sigma
and Vitua Tennis
along with videos for Gauntlet II
, The Wheelman
, and The Godfather
SCEA on Thursday will launch several new PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) game demos and trailers on the PLAYSTATION®Store, including a demo for the PS3 exclusive, Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
In other news, sales figures published this week by Home Media Research showed that Blu-ray Disc sales accounted for 70 percent of high-definition film purchases in Q1 2007. Blu-ray also became the first high-definition format to sell more than a million discs, achieving the feat in less than a year.
Below are the details of the exciting new offerings from the PLAYSTATION Store:
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Demo (free): Play as Master Ninja, Ryu Hayabusa and infiltrate your way into the Vigoor Empire destroying evil ninjas and demons as you attempt to overthrow the Empire, exact revenge on your enemies, and reclaim the Dark Dragon Blade.
- Virtua Tennis Demo (free): The fun, addicting, award-winning series continues with Virtua Tennis 3. With ultra-realistic graphics and precise player control, gamers will hit the court and play as or against today’s tennis elite including Federer, Sharapova, Roddick, Nadal, and Williams.
- Gauntlet II Video (free): Check out this video for Gauntlet II, where you can re-experience the classic dungeon crawler and play as the Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, or Wizard!
- The Wheelman Trailer (free): Vin Diesel is The Wheelman, who must prove himself to the Barcelona underworld using his incredible driving skill.
- Stranglehold™ Trailer (free): Continue the story of John Woo’s influential action film, Hard Boiled, engaging your enemies in intense cinematic gun battles.
- The Godfather Trailer (free): Experience the excitement of the legendary films and work toward becoming a Don in America’s most powerful criminal organization—the Corleone Family.