Wargaming.net has just announced a stand-alone add-on
to the WWII RTS game, Order of War
If you already own the PC game, you’ll get the multiplayer add-on for free. For all others, you can pick it up on Steam only.
The add-on boasts 6 extended modes, 12 new maps, and several hundred units under your control. The gameplay should expand the RTS qualities of the game to more PvP for those looking for more intense battlefield action. Read on for the full gameplay features being released in this multiplayer add-on.
You can also view the debut trailer and screenshots below.
ORDER OF WAR: ONLINE CHALLENGE STAND-ALONE MULTIPLAYER ADD-ON ANNOUNCED
London (02nd February 2010) - Wargaming.net, a strategy game specialist, announces ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE, a new stand-alone add-on for its widely acclaimed World War II Real-Time Strategy game ORDER OF WAR™. This multiplayer add-on is currently in development for Windows PC and will be exclusively available on Steam®. Those players, who own the original version of ORDER OF WAR™, will get ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE automatically for FREE.
ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE is a multiplayer stand-alone add-on for ORDER OF WAR™, packing even more intense World War II real-time strategy action. With 6 extended modes, 12 unique maps, and hundreds of units under player control ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE gives players a battlefield experience of epic scale. With a focus on fast-action gameplay, and featuring exclusive bonus content, ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE is the ultimate way to experience online RTS gaming. With a new advanced gameplay system and including fog of war, ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE redefines combat mechanics and gives players a tense battlefield experience with plenty of room for wide-ranging tactics.
Viktor Kislyi, executive officer of Wargaming.net says, "In ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE we're offering players a myriad of rich content including more strategic options in multiplayer mode. Dynamic battlefield action and tense multiplayer experience are the main criteria we used to develop ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE. That is why we greatly enhanced the multiplayer options - to guarantee RTS fans realistic PvP warfare in ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE".
The ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE add-on is distributed exclusively via Steam®.
For more information on ORDER OF WAR: CHALLENGE, please visit the official webpage at challenge.wargaming.net.
* 12 Unique Maps — Each map features different types of cross-country terrain and urban areas to provide great replayability.
* 6 New Multiplayer Modes — With these new modes you have the opportunity to prove you are the best commander on the online battlefield in a variety of ways.
* Command troops of the USA, Germany or the Soviet Union — Grasp your units by knowing their strengths, weaknesses and discover how to exercise their power to defeat your enemies.
* 4 Co-op Survival Missions — Play shoulder to shoulder with your comrades-in-arms to defend your headquarters from enemy attacks of increasing intensity. To get extra income and new reinforcement types, capture control points that appear randomly throughout the map but only stay for a short time.
* Hard-hitting Mercenaries Gameplay — Choose your initial line-up of units, keeping in mind that good balance and proper positioning are all-important. Once you have selected your forces and brought them up to the front lines, capture control points to earn airstrikes and crush your enemy.
* Unique Expansion Experience — Classic "capture-the-base" gameplay is completely new now as you and your rival get different types of reinforcements at different rates - slower and more powerful units vs. faster and less powerful units. Develop the best strategy to seize all of the control points and defeat your opponent.
* Fast-Paced Instant Battle Skirmishes — At the start of each skirmish you are given a random group of forces, without the luxury of reinforcements or control points to provide replacements.
* Epic Free-for-All Clashes — Up to four players fight against each other choosing any nation they want. Capture control points to earn a decisive advantage over your rivals in grand battles where alliances are forbidden.
* Realistic Fog of War — Use new tactics and acquirements to become the praiseworthy commander.