Square Enix put the rumors to rest this morning by officially announcing that their upcoming action-RPG Nier
will be launching this Spring. Nier
is a completely new franchise being brought to us by the same "house" that has brought us some of the best RPG's in the industry over the past 20+ years. Nier
isn't a straight forward, turn based RPG as many expect... rather it is being billed as the perfect blend of action and RPG elements. While no specific date was listed, Square assures us that Nier
will hit store shelves in North America before the Summer begins...
CONFIRMED FOR SPRING 2010 RELEASE
Square Enix Announces Ship Window for Upcoming Action-RPG
LOS ANGELES (January 7, 2010) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America confirmed today that their upcoming Action-RPG NIER
™ for PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, is slated for a Spring 2010 release.
The latest offering from the RPG masters at Square Enix, NIER
blends an intense, action-packed single-player experience with a complex plotline that will keep players guessing. Jump in to the title role of the unyielding Nier, and unravel the tale of a desperate man’s quest to discover a cure for his ailing daughter.
Developer: cavia Inc.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system/
Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft
ESRB: M (Mature)
Ship Date: Spring 2010
· The Next RPG from Square Enix: NIER
, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.
· Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER
’s story needs to be seen to be believed.
· RPG Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.
· Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier
can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
· Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
· Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
· A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America, and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises — FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 92 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 53 million units worldwide — under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com