News Roundup: Pirates of the Burning Battlefield
8/30/2006 1:00:00 AM
A lot more trailers spill out from the Leipzig Game Convention 2006. P.S.: Leipzig is in Germany, so the trailers are subtitled in German. There's your global geography lesson for the day! (As if you watched game trailers for the articles anyway!) Thanks to AtomicGamer
for the profuse links, and to MMORPG.com
for their PAX input.
Demos & Patches
- Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2142. AtomicGamer posts their pre-release impressions of Battlefield 2142.
- MMORPG.com is at the PAX (Penny Arcade Exchange) 2006 convention, and they've got a preview of Pirates of the Burning Sea's avatar combat.
- You and your wild, wild friends can shoot 'em up in multiplayer mode with this Call of Juarez demo. (Or you can check out movie #7 first to get a feel for it.)
- Sword of the Stars slices up patch version 1.1.1.
- Dev 2, Brutus? Caesar IV's developer diary #2 is opened.
- Rainbow Six: Vegas shoots craps with dev diary #2, too.
- Perimeter: Emperor's Testament testifies for it's first movie.
- Red Ocean, a graphically-saturated FPS, releases a GC 2006 trailer. (Get this: The lead character's name is Jack Hard. And you think I'm kidding.)
- Third-person point-and-click lovers can get a GC 2006 trailer of Reprobates.
- Battlestations Midway puts on a sailor suit for this GC 2006 trailer.
- Pheast your eyes on this phun philm phrom GC 2006 phor Phantasy Star Universe.
- Virtua Fighter 5's GC 2006 trailer is virtually up. Okay, it's actually up. (Ah, you guys come for the news, but stay for the Vaudeville antics.)
- Come back for Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle's GC 2006 trailer. The animation looks so good that I don't care if the plot is incomprehensible.
- Listen all y'all, it's a Sabotage! This trailers shows how WW2 is getting the "Samantha" Fisher treatment with this sniping, stealth action tactical shooter.
- Drakensang: The Dark Eye has a GC 2006 trailer for this RPG based on the popular German tabletop RPG.
- Here's a movie for Overclocked, a point-and-click adventure about a psychiatrist that goes into his patient's memories to analyze their psychosis. Could this be an adventure gamer's Psychonauts? No. But I love the premise anyway.