Earlier this week, a new set of cards hit Paradox Interactive’s free-to-play online-CCG Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
. The “Hidden and Dangerous” set is now available for players to collect and use in battel against their friends (and enemies).
As a special bonus, Paradox is awarding winners in either Head to Head or tournament modes of the game with free booster packs from the new set. This promotion will be offered through February 6, 2012.
For those who aren’t familiar with the game, Hearts of Iron: The Card Game is an online collectible card game based on Paradox Interactive’s Hearts of Iron universe. The original games began back in 2002 as strategy games set in the World War II era. Back in October, Paradox introduced a different take on the series with the new game; players are tasked with facing off against enemies using pre-constructed decks of cards which grant them abilities and troops for war. Think pseudo-Magic-the-Gathering, but set in the WWII...
You can read the full press release for the new content on the next page.
New Content for Hearts of Iron the Card Game Released Today
60 new game cards in the “Hidden and Dangerous” set
NEW YORK – January 23rd, 2011 – Paradox Interactive today announced that Hearts of Iron The Card Game, a free-to-play, browser-based, online Collectible Card Game (CCG) set in World War II, has now received additional content in the form of 60 new cards and various updates.
Playing between January 23rd and February 6th, winners of “Head to Head” or tournament matches will receive a free booster pack from this new set. The game is available here: http://hoitcg.com/
The 60 new cards include:
- 6 new doctrines, 5 new HQ cards; both faction specific and universal
- Three new leaders of World War II join the fray: Keith Park, Albert Kesselring and Ivan Chernyakhovsky. These three leaders will have different abilities that are going to help their faction greatly
- More Infantry, support, tank and air cards that will be very useful assets to your army
Other updates to the game:
- New feature ”Hidden”, which lets you collect cards that are hidden from your opponent in battle. Mind games will now be a part of your strategy. The hidden cards will only be revealed to your adversary as they are used.
- New themes for the reverse of your cards. Each player will receive two new free themes, and will be able to buy a handful of new ones.
- Time in Head to Head matches will be changed from 30 minutes, to 40 minutes. This change will make larger decks more viable to use.
A beginners guide is available here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?549676-The-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Hearts-of-Iron-TCG
New cards from the "Hidden and Dangerous" set
• Play as the Axis, Allies, or Comintern
• 200 Unique cards, with authentic World War II art and photography
• Competitive game modes where players can earn booster packs
• Deck editor lets you collect, build and customize decks according to your play style
• Trade cards with other players.
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe.
Its steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established PC franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Victoria and the Hearts of Iron series, as well as now encompassing titles on other platforms such as Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West released in 2010 on PlayStationÂ®Network for the PlayStationÂ®3 and the forthcoming Defenders of Ardania on iPad as well as PC.
2011-2012 will be Paradox Interactive's most ambitious line-up of titles to date with such anticipated releases as Defenders of Ardania, Sword of the Stars II, King Arthur II: The Role-playing Wargame, Crusader Kings II, Naval War: Arctic Circle, Warlock: Master of the Arcane and War of the Roses. It is also expanding its presence in the free-to-play arena through Paradox Connect with upcoming games such as Salem: The Crafting MMO.
For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive and
www.twitter.com/pdxinteractive and visit our forum http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/.