Not completely in the Video Game news field, but since "Of Dice & Men" was one of my old features here on Gaming Nexus, I thought I'd share the news that Wizards of the Coast just released it's new web-based 4th Edition D&D monster Builder.
The tool is available to Dungeons & Dragons Insider (DDI) subscribers
and requires Silverlight but works on Macs and PCs. If you're a fan of the current version of D&D considering the yearly DDI subscription benefits.. well this might make it an easier decision.
The full press info and feature list is after the jump.
Today, Wizards of the Coast launched the brand new D&D Monster Builder as part of the new web-based Adventure Tools suite for D&D Insider:
D&D Insider subscribers can explore all the latest monsters right now by logging in to their D&DI account and clicking on the Adventure Tools button.
Here are some additional highlights:
· New Design: Completely redesigned, the new Monster Builder will debut with 3,700 monsters – including Dark Sun Creature Catalog and Monster Vault entries.
· No Download: The Monster Builder is served from the D&D site
· PC and Mac Compatible: Requires an Internet connection and Silverlight plug-in
· Import Function: You can easily import your content created in the previous version to the new version
· Save Functionality: All content you create is saved to our database and is accessible through your D&D Insider account
To subscribe to D&D Insider visit DungeonsandDragons.com. Click here for more information on the new web-based Adventure Tools and D&D Monster Builder.