I know what you're thinking, "Everyone knows that!" Or maybe you aren't thinking that. Regardless, PS3
owners have a new option in town on how to control their games. Actually, we've heard about it a few months ago
. It's called the Eagle-Eye
, developed by Penguin United, and allows any standard USB keyboard and mouse to be converted into a PS3 controller.
It basically allows for customized key mapping of all PS3
controller buttons to your keyboard and mouse. The end result is (hopefully) to allow gamers greater control in playing on their shiny black console. They'll be on display at E3 plus there are two videos after the break. Keep reading if you're interested.
PENGUIN FLIES WITH EAGLE-EYE FOR SONY® PS3™ AT E3
Converts Keyboard and Mouse into Turbo Controller for First-Person Shooter Video Games
FREMONT, CA (JUNE, 2010) – Ask most video game fanatics and they’ll tell you that first-person shooters are simply better when using a keyboard and mouse. That’s why Penguin United has created the Eagle-Eye which converts any standard USB HID keyboard and mouse into a turbo charged controller for the Sony® PlayStation™ 3 video game console. The Eagle-Eye Converter will be launched at E3 in Los Angeles, June 15-17, Booth #5750 West Hall.
The Eagle-Eye Converter provides a customized key mapping feature for all PS3 controller buttons that seamlessly transfers the command data to your keyboard and mouse. Now first-person shooter games like Call of Duty; Modern Warfare, Killzone 3, and BioShock can be played with greater dexterity, speed and accuracy than with a standard controller.
Anticipating an enthusiastic response from the gaming community, Penguin has dedicated an area of the company’s web site (http://www.penguinunited.com/contact_us.php?customer) that will alert consumers via email the moment the product is available.
“One of the drawbacks with playing first-person shooters is the lack of speed and accuracy offered by traditional controllers,” stated Richard Huang, President of Penguin United. “We found a simple solution by bypassing the controller and transferring the button features directly to the computer keyboard and mouse. The Eagle-Eye offers an amazing alternative for fans of shooting games.”
One of the most impressive features about the Eagle-Eye is the accuracy and effectiveness converted to the computer mouse, with a 1 to 1 translation from a PS3 controller to the mouse.
· Converts any standard USB HID Keyboard and Mouse into a PS3 Controller
· Adjust Mouse sensitivity through the game’s option menu.
· 1 to 1 translation from the PS3 right analog stick to the mouse movement for an ultra accurate aim in FPS.
· Maps out all PS3 buttons and left analog stick via included software to customize your control. Right analog stick defaults to mouse movement.
· Compatible with all PS3 games.
· USB 2.0 Keyboard and Mouse inputs.
· 2 ft. USB cable connects to PS3.
· Turbo option for X, triangle, square, circle, L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons
· Programmable Macro Functions to turn any single key into a combination of moves.
· Compatible with all PS3 console versions, future proof with firmware updates.
· Quick, easy set up in less than 1 minute with included software
· SRP: $59.99
· On Display at Booth #5750
For a set up video demonstration, see below.
About Penguin United
Penguin United (http://www.PenguinUnited.com) was established by gamers for gamers and is dedicated to enhancing the experience of electronic entertainment. Penguin’s mission is to provide gamers with a cost-effective line of video game accessories that are equal in quality, performance and reliability to other similar products on the market. Phone: 888-988-3388