, Square Enix’s upcoming side-scrolling, 4-player co-op game to land on the XBLA and PSN, has received new screenshots and a new trailer today. Moon Diver is being developed by feelplus inc., with the backing of director Kouichi Yotsui (known for his work with Strider).
In Moon Diver, players play as trained ninjas (Moondivers) whose mission is to reclaim a planet overcome by a plague of inanimate objects suddenly coming to life. Check out the feature details after the jump, and look below for the new assets.
Developer: feelplus inc.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Players: 1-4 (coop multiplayer)
Platform: Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation® Network
Release Date: TBD
Developed by feelplus inc. and backed by the vision of talented director Kouichi Yotsui (Strider®), Moon Diver invites players into an action-packed world of cooperative, side-scrolling mayhem.
At the dawn of the 22nd century, an evil power brought inanimate objects to life, and they turned on humanity. Bridges, automobiles, cities – the whole of humanity’s creations were all made to turn on their makers. Mankind’s fears of apocalypse became reality!
Hidden amongst humanity’s survivors, an elite unit of specially-trained ninja known as Moondivers has been lying in wait for orders to reclaim the planet.
Today, those orders arrived. Today, the battle to retake Earth begins.
· The Diver System allows players to jump in or out at any time, for a maximum of up to four players total. Guest players are awarded experience points for helping out.
· Combos increase in power and intensity according to the number of players. Collect new combo moves by picking them up on the map or fulfilling certain requirements.
· Adjust the difficulty level at any time with the Chaos Accelerator. Higher levels are rewarded with enhanced visuals and greater experience points. Players set the challenge rating as they see fit.
· 12 stages to explore and master.
· Up to four player local and online co-op.
· Online multiplayer.