Infinity Ward pushed an update to Modern Warfare 2
players on both the 360 and PS3 today per Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling (Fourzerotwo.) He posted the details on his twitter feed
and in the official Infinity Ward forums
. Primarily it is made of bug fixes, but there are a few tweaks to level competitive play. Take a look at the complete list:
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)
You have to appreciate a company that takes quick action to fix any issues that have cropped up with their game after the masses get a chance to take it to the limits.