Meridian4 and Headup Games shake hands, form alliance
1/8/2010 3:02:00 PM
They aren't a massive publisher like EA, but Meridian4 consistently pushes out video games. The most recent deal they've made is with overseas developer Head Up Games. The two titles involved in this deal are Gear Grinder
sounds like it's right up my alley: a hack 'n slash sci-fi action RPG. Three classes, multiple difficulties, upgradeable skills and character attributes, tons of loot, and coop multiplayer for up to three people. Gear Grinder
is about a truck with massive weapons attached to it.
They sound like fun to me. I'll be keeping tabs on GREED
as it sounds like Space Siege
, which I enjoyed even though most found it mediocre. Find out more about the games in the press release or head to Head Up's web site
Meridian4 Get a Head Up on 2010!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada – January 7, 2010 – Meridian4 (http://www.meridian4.com) is pleased to announce that it has signed a digital publishing agreement with Headup Games (http://www.headupgames.com) to publish two of their action-packed titles; GREED and Gear Grinder.
“Knowing Meridian4 for quite a while now, I cannot imagine a better partner to place our titles efficiently in the online field. We are very excited on the upcoming releases of Gear Grinder and GREED in the overseas market and are confident that the expertise knowledge of Meridian4 will support our endeavor to make our games available to ambitious gamers worldwide.” said Dieter Schoeller, Managing Director of Headup Games.
“Meridian4 is really excited to be working with Headup Games. These two titles are adrenaline-fueled, non-stop action and were an instant hit with us. We know that the same quality that Headup Games has shown us in our partnership is also in every one of their games and we are sure that these titles will be a success with gamers.” said Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
Hack ‘n slash your way through this science-fiction-themed action/RPG.
In the futuristic universe of GREED, the discovery of new interstellar travel possibilities has led to a new age of colonialization. The five largest colonial powers are entangled in a full-scale war over a new element called Ikarium, the recently discovered rare source of nearly unlimited energy. As a former member of an elite military unit, you will fight a battle for your survival not knowing that your actions will lead the fate of all mankind into dramatic consequences…
· Three entirely different character classes to choose from
· A huge variety of different levels in three unique settings, each playable on 3 difficulties, inhabited by fierce and deadly creatures & screen-filling end bosses
· Upgradeable skills in three categories per character class – the simultaneous use of these categories causes thrilling skill combinations
· Upgradeable character attributes with direct game play effect
· Hundreds of items to collect that upgrade weapons and amour
· Online and local cooperative multiplayer mode for up to three players
About Gear Grinder
Carnage is coming to town.
Buckle up and enjoy fully motorized mayhem with GearGrinder, the new incarnation of an underrepresented genre of arcade racing action. Take full control of a powerful truck, mounted with the most devastating weapons available, malicious mines and more nifty gadgets, and complete over 45 versatile and thrilling missions, leaving a trail of devastation wherever you go.
· Unique combination of breakneck speed racing & furious shooter action
· Adapt to any situation: Transform your truck from racing to combat mode in an instant
· Countless primary and secondary weapons, mines, engines, structures and other tuning options to unlock
· Includes mini games for great stress relief: Slalom, Bowling, Arena and more
· Multiplayer-modes (LAN) for up to 8 players
· Enormous single player content with over 45 missions and different game modes
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. A publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers, Meridian 4 aims to actually form a partnership – a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for developers’ products. For more information, visit http://www.meridian4.com.
About Headup Games
Headup Games publishes high quality PC core games which embody the essential vision of each genre and setting. Dedicated 100% to the most emotional form of modern media, they aim to satisfy the demands of their target group for the perfect experience by bringing the most entertaining titles to their screens. From gamers for gamers is their primary belief. For more information visit www.headupgames.com