has unrolled information regarding their PvP mode in the game Magicka
. The diary is expected to be updated on a weekly basis, touching on specific topics in each post.
NEW YORK, May 23rd 2011
– The mages at Paradox Interactive and Arrowhead Studios have unveiled a new developer diary and screens that give insight into the creation of the upcoming free update introducing an all new Player vs Player game mode in Magicka.
The developer diaries will be released on a weekly basis, so attention all trigger-happy wizards: the time to finally put your wizardly training to test is close at hand. And by “training” though, we really just mean purposely blowing up your friends.
Oh wait, you were doing that already? Well, soon you’ll be able to “officially” duel your companions. Put on your robe, grab your sword and staff, and bring your game face because we will be seeing you in the arena very soon. Please note that you’ll be the ones in the actual arena, we’ll be outside of it like a bunch of pansy aristocrats.
From the first developer diary by Johan Pilestedt, game designer for Magicka:
“Taking a hard look at PvP—you know, blasting friends to bits—we noticed that spamming ice shards, often with arcane and lightning, was a very good tactic. Further testing confirmed this. Even further testing confirmed this even further. In short, just spamming the same arcane ice shards over and over was an easy way of winning 8/10 competitions. Yeah, fun stuff! But we knew that we had to do something about the balance—the question was what.”
To check out the latest dev diary on Magicka’s PvP development, please visit:
Magicka is an action-adventure game set in a rich fantasy world based on Norse mythology. The player assumes the role of a wizard from a sacred order tasked with the ultimate goal of stopping an evil sorcerer who has thrown the world into turmoil, his evil creations besieging the forces of good.
View the Magicka release trailer here:
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with thousands of possible combinations
- Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
- Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evil wizard
- Find and unlock challenges, items, and powerful Magicks
- Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world
Check out the latest Magicka PVP developments: