Kicking off its second annual American Idol contest, online casual gaming/social networking site, King
, invites one and all to enter in a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip, plus two tickets to American Idol season finale 7, with a winner drawn at random on May 15, 2008. The contest is free and open to all players that register
at MyGame.com and submit their American idol game scores. Not the actual
American Idol. The "viral, engaging" American Idol game on the king.com site that's all about "testing players' keyboard dexterity and ultimately bringing players right into the world of American Idol."
King Tells American Idol Fans
“You’re Going to Hollywood – On Us”
Chance to Win All-Expenses Trip, Plus Two Tickets to American Idol Season Finale 7 - Free and Live on MyGame.com
Los Angeles, April 18, 2008 – King (www.king.com), the world’s leading online social gaming company, announced today its second annual American Idol contest. The contest is free and open to all players that register on MyGame.com (www.mygame.com/games/idol/signup.jsp), and submit their American Idol game scores. The winner will be drawn at random on May 15, 2008 by an independent judge. Winners will be selected from the top 10 highest scoring players on MyGame.com. Game play is not restricted, so players can play as many times as they like until achieving and submitting a score they are satisfied with.
“Social gaming is one of the fastest growing segments within the online gaming world and we’re delighted to bring the American Idol brand to our players for the second year,” said Toby Rowland, co-Founder and co-CEO, King.
The game is a viral, engaging experience, testing players’ keyboard dexterity and ultimately bringing players’ right into the world of American Idol – including harsh judging and audience participation. After a player logs into the game and picks their own singing avatar, they move to the audition phase, which includes cheers and jeers, and tests the player’s attempt at ‘singing’, using the arrow keys on their keyboard.
Scoring is based on players’ skills with the arrow keys, which determines its virtual singer’s ability to hit the right notes, at the right time. Upon ending, players can register for their chance to win an all-expenses trip to Hollywood to attend the American Idol Season 7 Finale.
· You must be a registered King.com player, over 18 years of age and resident in the US to enter.
· To enter, you must play the King.com American Idol skill game at www.mygame.com between noon, Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on April 8 2008 and noon, EST on May 15 2008.
· The winner will be the player whose name is drawn at random by an independent judge after noon on May 15 2008, from Mygame.com's list of top 10 highest scoring players that play the King.com American Idol skill game between the above dates.
· The prize winner will win a trip for 2, including round trip air fair from the winner's normal place of residence in the US, transfers, 2 nights' hotel accommodation and meals in Hollywood and 2 tickets to see the American Idol Finale in at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on May 20 and 21 2008.
· The winner must travel on the dates specified by King.com Inc. If the winner cannot travel on the specified dates, the prize will be forfeit.
· The prize is not transferable and cannot be sold.
· The approximate retail value of the prize is $3,000; the actual retail value depends on where the winner normally lives.
· You may not be eligible to win the prize due to your age, other regulations in your country or applicable travel / visa regulations.
· Employees of King.com Inc and its associated companies are not eligible to enter.
· The first name and State of the winner will be published on King.com.s website within 30 days after the prize has been won.
· You agree that by entering this competition with King.com, you are agreeing that we can use your name and image to promote King.com and American Idol.
· We regret that for legal reasons, residents of the following States are not eligible to enter: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont.
· The promoter of this competition is King.com Inc.
King is the world’s leading social gaming company. Founded in 2004, King is the exclusive provider of skill games for Yahoo’s gaming portal and has groundbreaking partnerships with; NBC, Endemol, Fremantle Media, and other leading international media companies. King is the exclusive provider of skill games for brands such as American Idol, Deal or No Deal, and 1 vs. 100 and is the first company to bring such brands online. King’s premier destination site King.com is the world’s largest social games site with more than 80 games to play and over 196 million games played per month. King is also the owner and operator of MyGame.com, the first social games site to bring together user-generated content, casual games, and revenue-sharing.
King is incorporated in the state of Delaware and the company has offices in Los Angeles, London, Hamburg (Germany) and Stockholm (Sweden). King.com does not offer money tournaments in the states of Alaska, Iowa, Arizona, Louisiana, Arkansas, Maryland, Connecticut, Missouri, Montana, South Carolina, Delaware, South Dakota, Florida, Tennessee, Illinois or Vermont.