The Vietnam War hasn't been explored too terribly much in modern videogames, and the aerial side of the war even less so. 'Nam evokes images of sweltering jungle warfare and tedious, treacherous treks through swamps, but it's also important to remember that this war was the first to really make use of the helicopter.
BitComposter's upcoming Air Conflicts: Vietnam
puts the emphasis on the Air Force's role in the war, letting you get behind the instruments of 20 planes and now choppers, a new entry for the Air Conflicts series. BitComposer also promises a lengthy single player campaign, 8-person online multiplayer, and of course a soundtrack that pays homage to contemporary 60s and 70s tunes. I think it's a law or something that they have to include Fortunate Son.
Kalypso Media USA to Bring “Air Conflicts: Vietnam” to North American Retail
June 20, 2013, Ridgewood, NJ - Kalypso Media USA has signed a deal to publish bitComposer Games’ arcade-action air combat game, Air Conflicts: Vietnam, in North America. Air Conflicts: Vietnam will be available this fall for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam takes players to the skies above Southeast Asia during the most heated moments of the Vietnam War, and challenges them to fly both fixed-wing combat planes and helicopters of the era. The game offers an extensive single-player campaign in which players will protect allied troops, launch assaults on enemy positions, engage in daring dogfights and much more. In online multiplayer, gamers can take to the skies in both American and Soviet-supplied North Vietnamese jets used during the conflict in furious eight-player aerial battles.
“The Conflict in Vietnam remains a fascinating and rich period in history. The introduction of helicopters into mainstream support and combat roles changed the face of war and offers a great setting for interactive storytelling,” said Mario Kroll, Vice President of Kalypso Media USA. “bitComposer has been an excellent publishing partner and we are delighted to share their take on the fierce battles in the skies over Vietnam with North American armchair pilots.”
Vietnam. 1965. A long-simmering conflict escalates into a full-fledged war, and you are about to become a big part of it
Jump into the cockpit of some of the finest combat aircraft as young Joe Thompson, a newly minted U.S. Air Force pilot. He is brave, talented and ready to do his duty, but his experiences during this war will change him forever.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam is an arcade-styled air-combat game that immerses players in the harrowing skies over Vietnam. Take to the air in screaming fighter jets or grab the controls of devastating helicopter gunships as you shatter enemy encampments with explosive ordinance, decimate North Vietnamese ace fighter squadrons, escort bombers as they deliver their deadly payload, or rescue stranded soldiers and deliver support troops to the ever-changing front lines of the vicious battlefield.
About bitComposer Games
- Live a thrilling wartime narrative. In an epic single-player campaign, filled with heroic moments and the darker side of war, your performance in air combat and support missions drives the story from the initial escalation of tension, through key battles of the Vietnam War and, ultimately, the fall of Saigon.
- Jump into the cockpit for instant action. Pilot and customize more than 20 planes and – for the first time in the Air Conflict series – helicopters, including the workhorse UH-1 Iroquois, fire-breathing AH-1 Cobra attack gunships, the devastating F4 Phantom and F104 Starfighter jets, plus fearsome enemy MIG fighter jets.
- Lead your squadron to victory. Command up to four jets or helicopters, maximizing their unique abilities to complete challenging objectives, while earning experience, leveling up and improving your leadership and air combat skills.
- Challenge your friends for air supremacy. Play up to eight online opponents in nail-biting, fast-paced capture-the-flag, deathmatch and team deathmatch air battles.
- Get your groove on. As you test your pilot skills against AI or human opponents, treat your ears to a cool rock soundtrack in the style of vintage Vietnam-era tunes.
bitComposer Entertainment AG publishes all its retail products for PC, console and handheld platforms under the label bitComposer Games. bitComposer Entertainment AG is based in Eschborn, Germany, and is an independent publisher of PC and computer games. The company focuses on the international commercialization of entertainment products for the classic PC, console and handheld platforms, while its subsidiary, bitComposer Online GmbH, has been set up to specialize in the rapidly growing online games market. bitComposer Entertainment AG works with experienced development teams and service providers worldwide to develop in-house projects, licensed titles and commissioned productions. For more information on bitComposer, please visit: www.bitComposer.com