DC Universe Online's ninth expansion is available today for PC, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. War of the Light Part 1 is the first installment of a trilogy focusing on the different Lantern Corps. In Part 1, Lanterns of the entire emotional spectrum have lost contact with their entities, and four Corps- Green, Blue, Sinestro, and Red, meet on Earth to find out more. But this is the spark that ignites a new war of light that takes place in Downtown Metropolis, and the sentient planets Mogo and Ranx. Players will team up with either Hal Jordan or Sinestro in multiplayer adventures to investigate colored mists that have been affecting the citizens of Metropolis.
War of the Light Part 1 offers players:
- New Rage Powers that can be wielded by heroes and villains alike
- New four-player operations. Heroes ally themselves with Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner, while villains pal around with Hank Henshaw and Sinestro
- New eight-player operations that focus on clashes between the Green Lantern Corps and the Sinestro Corps
- New Legends PvP Characters Atrocitus and Saint Walker
- New Lantern-inspired Gear- Heroes can earn Green Lantern gear, while villains collect Sinestro Corps gear, but both sides can earn Red Lantern gear.
DC Universe Online War of the Light Part 1 DLC is a free download for Legendary members and is available for $9.99 to free and Premium players through the PSN in-game marketplace, while PC players can download it through the official website.