Hop on the Final Fantasy XIII bus, literally
1/12/2010 10:02:00 PM
Residents of the San Francisco area are about to get a nice opportunity. Square Enix is taking Final Fantasy XIII
on a bus tour. Fans that make it to one of the stops will get hands-on time with a demo area that hasn't been shown yet.
The tour starts tomorrow. Locations will be revealed and updated through their Twitter feed (click here to follow
). If you are one of the fortunate few to hop on the bus, let us know how it goes!
SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES FINAL FANTASY XIII BUS TOUR
Fans in the San Francisco Area to be the First to Get a Hands-On Experience of the North American Version
LOS ANGELES (January 11, 2010) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America announced today that a bus tour offering fans the first chance to get their hands on the North American version of FINAL FANTASY® XIII will be kicking off on January 13, 2010.
The bus is scheduled to make numerous stops in the San Francisco and Bay areas through January 16, loaded with a never-before-seen demo area of the North American version of FINAL FANTASY XIII. Locations will be revealed and updated through the Twitter site @PlayFFXIII (http://twitter.com/PlayFFXIII), so start following today!
One of the most highly anticipated games of this generation, FINAL FANTASY XIII marks the dawning of a new era for the celebrated franchise, bringing the series to multiple hi-definition consoles simultaneously for the first time in its history. Introducing the ultimate Active Time Battle system and extraordinary new characters, FINAL FANTASY XIII will set new standards for role playing games.
FINAL FANTASY XIII will be available for both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on March 9, 2010.
Official Web Sites:
FINAL FANTASY XIII information: http://finalfantasyxiii.com.
FINAL FANTASY XIII Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIII.
FINAL FANTASY XIII Twitter: http://twitter.com/OfficialFFXIII.
[NEW] FINAL FANTASY XIII Bus Tour: http://twitter.com/PlayFFXIII.
About FINAL FANTASY XIII
Cocoon — a utopia in the sky.
Its inhabitants believed their world a paradise.
Under the Sanctum's rule, Cocoon had long known peace and prosperity.
Mankind was blessed by its protectors, the benevolent fal'Cie, and believed that tranquil days would continue forever.
Their tranquility was shattered with the discovery of one hostile fal'Cie.
The moment that fal'Cie from Pulse — the feared and detested lowerworld — awoke from its slumber, peace on Cocoon came to an end.
Fal'Cie curse humans, turning them into magic-wielding servants.
They become l'Cie — chosen of the fal'Cie.
Those branded with the mark of a l'Cie carry the burden of either fulfilling their Focus or facing a fate harsher than death itself.
A prayer for redemption.
A wish to protect the world.
A promise to challenge destiny.
After thirteen days of fates intertwined, the battle begins.
· Take Part in a Gaming Experience that Sets New Standards – The first in the series developed for a simultaneous release on multiple high-definition consoles, FINAL FANTASY XIII pushes new boundaries in cinematic presentation, sound and gameplay.
· Experience the Unity of Speed and Strategy with the Ultimate Active Time Battle system The familiar system has evolved, granting players the freedom of executing numerous commands in a single turn with the multi-slot ATB gauge. Whether inputting singular commands in each slot for consecutive attacks, or expending multiple slots at once to activate a devastating blow, it’s up to the players to respond effectively to the battle conditions at hand.
· Adapt to the Ever-Changing Tide of Battle with Paradigms – A brand-new game mechanic enabling players to assign roles to their party members at any time during battle, shifting between combat paradigms. Consisting of various combinations of the game's six roles, ranging from Commando, the offensive specialist, to Medic, the quintessential healer, paradigms allow players to respond and adapt instantly to any given situation to turn the tide and seize victory.
· Witness the Battle Scene Transform with an All-New Summon System – Introducing Gestalt Mode, a powerful dimension of the summon system that elevates the action to a whole new level. In Gestalt Mode, characters and their transformed Eidolons fight as one, dealing massive damage to enemies through simple button commands.
· Delve into an Emotional Experience – An immersive storyline connects players to an intriguing cast of characters. Will they have the strength to confront their cursed fates, or will destiny prevail over all that they believe in?
· A Brand-New Song for an International Audience – Multi-platinum, Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter Leona Lewis has come on board with Square Enix to provide her new song, “My Hands,” for the North American and European versions
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America, and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises — FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 92 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 53 million units worldwide — under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.