Besides BioWare RPGs, no upcoming new release makes me want to enter cryogenic stasis more than a Rockstar open-world title. GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption sit right up there with my favorite games of all time, and I have no reason to expect that GTA V will be the title that lets me down. What GTA IV had that sucked me in was a strong sense of place, and I can feel that same sense of place oozing out of Grand Theft Auto V
's screenshots. That's like getting a sunburn from your buddy's vacation photos.
It's really too bad that the nitrogen-flux matrix on my cryostasis machine blew out the last time I tried to use it. Thank the Maker I was only testing it on the neighbor's cat. The neighbors weren't happy, but at least I didn't need someone to explain to my children why their daddy was now an empty husk.
Anyway, I'm getting off topic.... Rockstar has announced a GTA V
Special and Collectors Edition and revealed their details along with pre-order bonuses.
The GTA V Special Edition
will include the full game (natch), a SteelBook filled with exclusive artwork, a Blueprint Map of Los Santos and Blaine County, the Stunt Plane Trial mini-game, bonus outfits, new weapons, and the three playable characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor, will receive a boost to the recharge rate on their special ability meter.
The GTV V Special Edition
will run you a cool $79.99.
The GTA V Collector's Edition
includes everything in the Special Edition plus a GTA V
Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key inspired by the in-game heists, a GTA V
9FIFTY Snapback Cap from New Era, custom characters to use online, unique vehicles and an in-game garage to store them in, and the game will come in a collectible outer box with the GTA V
logo foil embosses across its surface and a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination.
The GTA V
Collector's Edition will run you an even cooler $149.99.
Finally, everyone who pre-orders the standard game, Special Edition, or the Collector's Edition will get the in-game ability to pilot the Atomic Blimp.
You can pre-order them starting now right up until GTA V
's September 17 release date or while supplies last.
To learn more, follow the jump and/or visit www.rockstargames.com/V
Rockstar Games® Announces Grand Theft Auto V® Special Edition and Collector’s Edition Details
Atomic Blimp pre-order bonus now available
New York, NY – May 23, 2013
- Rockstar Games is very proud to announce full details of the Special Edition and Collector’s Edition of Grand Theft Auto V® for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, that are now available for worldwide pre-order from participating retailers.
In addition, consumers who pre-order the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition, Collector’s Edition or the standalone retail version now will be ensured access to the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle. With every pre-order, players gain the ability to pilot the most iconic and leisurely aircraft in the Los Santos skies.
The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition includes:
· Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V;
· Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook;
· Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County;
· Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster;
· Stunt Plane Trials – single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County;
· Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County;
· Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunation stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition includes the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition plus:
· Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key - inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window;
· Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap - this exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer’s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit;
· Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online - get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System;
· Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition comes packaged in a collectible outer box featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto V logo on the top and finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination housing all of the contents.
The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of this acclaimed series, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition will retail for $149.99, while the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will retail for $79.99.
All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013 while supplies last.
Check with your local retailers for pre-order availability and for more information please go to www.rockstargames.com/V