D3Publisher has revealed four bosses from the upcoming Way Forward game Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! The following are the names, bios, and strategies for beating these dungeon baddies:
1) Demon Cat: A large, teal colored cat with piercing, yellow eyes that fire lasers and a purple, tentacle tail that shoots bullets (yeah, you read that right). Likewise, his tongue is for much more than just grooming, as it whips out a powerful frontal attack. He also boasts a high intelligence and a knowledge of... well, basically everything.
Strategies To Beat Him:
Demon Cat's frontal attacks deal a good amount of damage, so attacking from the back whilst avoiding his tail bullets is crucial. Using ranged attackers like Lumpy Space Princess and Marceline can also make this fight a bit easier to handle.
2) Prison Mob: Less of a boss and more of a giant, angry group of like-minded crazies, this boss isn't actually out to get you, just to get out. Sentenced to dungeon imprisonment for crimes against the Candy Kingdom, this unruly mob of skeletons, pigs, wolves, and crazed pixies want to escape no matter what, and you're in their way. Oops.
Strategies To Beat Them:
RUN! Yeah, seriously. This mob is itchin' to get out and there's no stopping them. Run away as far ahead of them as you can while picking up speed boosts like Honey Energy Drink and stepping on plates that will trigger traps to slow down the mob. Remember that grabbing that extra bit of treasure may be the piece that gets you trampled.
3) Ice King: Duh! This guy is, like, ALWAYS wanting to bother our favorite Ooo heroes, am I right? Anyway, The Ice King is just as irritable as ever in the dungeons and he's looking for a fight. He even made Fionna and Cake ice golems to fight you. What a jerk!
Strategies To Beat Him:
Keep your eyes on the Ice King but your fists, swords, magical whatevers on Fionna and Cake. The Ice king will fling easily dodged ice bolts at you, but the real danger is Fionna's sword and kick attacks. She'll give a brief warning by winding up before hand, so be sure not to get hit.
4) Kitten: Aw, but he is totally cute, right? Wrong. Well ok yes, just look at those big blue eyes, but don't let that fool you. This cuddly feline offspring of Gunter just wants to play with you, and by play I mean float in the air with a protective electrical force field and fire laser blasts at you. Poor guy doesn't realize his own magical strength. To top it all off, the penguins will rush in to try and get kitten down for a nap, and that means getting rid of you. Fun.
Strategies To Beat Him:
Keep your distance. This kitten's personal space is protected by a powerful electric force field that'll make a Tesla coil look like a AA battery. BE sure to keep moving too. The kittens ranged lasers and bullets are nothing to scoff at.
So there you have it, four bosses from Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! If my time with the game at NYCC and these descriptions are any indication, this game will be a ton of fun especially with multiplayer.
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! will be out this fall for XBox360, PS3, WiiU, 3DS, and PC.
Oh my glob! D3Publisher reveals a few of the bosses in Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! Here is some background info for each boss you will encounter in the game:
- Demon Cat – A feline dungeon dweller with a seriously bad attitude and an approximate knowledge of all things. The furry demon fires laser blasts from his eyes and has a long, cat-shaped tongue that he uses to lash out at his foes.
- Prison Mob – Confined to the dungeon for crimes against the Candy Kingdom, this motley collection of skeletons, pigs, wolves, and crazed pixies will stop at nothing in their attempt to escape imprisonment.
- Ice King – Ancient, irritable and half-insane, Ice King was born in days-of-old, long before the Mushroom War. This ruler of the Ice Kingdom wants nothing more than to marry a beautiful princess and settle down to a life of blissful matrimony.
- Kitten– The magical offspring of Ice King’s penguin servant, Gunter, and was hatched from an egg in the Ice Kingdom. This glowing feline has magical powers and can float in the air, protect itself with an electric force field and fire off rippling laser blasts. MeOooow!
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! is a completely new storyline and adventure featuring the voice talents of the show’s most popular characters. Fans will have to save the Candy Kingdom by exploring the mysteries surrounding a massive Secret Royal Dungeon deep below the Land of Ooo. The game will be available for the Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, 3DS hand-held system, and PC this fall.