I think that makes Crusader Kings II
the most awesome game ever.
Anyway, Paradox Interactive has seen fit to grace us all with a new series of developer diaries for their upcoming role-playing strategy feudal-king simulator, Crusader Kings II
, which is set for release on PC in Q1 of 2012.
Crusader Kings II
allows players to pick at point between 1066 and 1337 which was the year leet-speak was invented (citation needed)
. You'll be able to play the role of a Christian lord during the Crusades and carry your dynasty through the ages, building your kingdom until it dominates Europe in classic PC strategy game fashion.
What to know more? Read the written developer diaries here
. You can also visit Crusader Kings II
on the web, like it on Facebook
, follow it on Twitter
, or debate
the relative virtues of feudalism with other forumites.
Crusader Kings II Video Developer Diary Launched!
Many were called, few were chosen.
NEW YORK, May 11th, 2011 – Paradox Interactive is happy to announce the launch of a new series of video developer diaries for their role-playing strategy title Crusader Kings II, due for release on PC in Q1 2012.
View the first video developer diary here:
In this deep character-driven strategy game, Europe is in turmoil. The lands are fragmented into petty fiefs, the emperor struggles with the Pope, and the Holy Father declares that all those who go to liberate the Holy Land will be freed of their sins. Now is the time for greatness. Expand your demesne and fill your coffers, appoint vassals, battle traitors, introduce laws while interacting with hundreds of nobles, and create the most powerful dynasty in medieval Europe.
A beleaguered king will always have friends to support him. But beware, as your rule and realm may find trouble when a loyal vassal becomes a bitter rival. Stand ready, increase your prestige, and the world will whisper your name in awe.
Do you have what it takes to become a Crusader King?
- Start a game at any point between 1066 and 1337, and forge European history until 1453
- Take on the role of a Christian lord and carry your dynasty through the ages from petty counts to Emperors, via the line of succession
- Gather Prestige for every successive character you play, furthering the glory of your dynasty
- Expand your feudal domain at the expense of your rivals
- Unravel the plots of your courtiers and vassals, each with their own agendas
- Re-enact the Crusades, defend against the Mongol onslaught, and form mighty feudal states
- Relive the Middle Ages with up to 32 other players in a competitive multiplayer mode
Read the written developer diaries here:
Check out the latest Crusader Kings II developments:
Web page: http://www.crusaderkings.com