Lionhead has lit up the gaming sites this morning because of their blog post (found here
). Fable 3
has been confirmed for PC exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows – LIVE
. This move confuses me because Fable 2
never made it to the PC. Does that mean we'll see the second game making its way onto the service as well?
Finally, their post also contains details about what will be contained in the Standard and Limited Collector's Edition for the 360. These are pictured below. Fable 3
will be priced at $49.99 (PC), $59.99 (standard, 360), and $79.99 (collectors, 360) this holiday season.
Personally, Fable 2
was extremely disappointing to me. It just didn't hit the pleasure center like the original. Since Fable 3
is a massive change (again), I'm curious to see how it plays.
Epic “Fable III” Journey Expands to Windows This Holiday
Limited Collector’s Edition Includes Unique Memorabilia and Unlocks Additional In-Game Action
Lead a rebellion, start a revolution, and rule a kingdom in “Fable III”. Microsoft Game Studios and Lionhead Studios present the thrilling new chapter in the “Fable” franchise exclusively on Xbox 360 and Windows. Action, drama, adventure and humor propel the story as players choose their journey to become King or Queen of Albion.
“Fable III” will be available in Standard and Limited Collector’s Editions for Xbox 360. The Standard Edition will retail for $59.99/£44.99/€64.99, while the Limited Collector’s Edition will retail for $79.99/£59.99/€84.99. The Windows version will retail for $49.99/£39.99/€54.99, and will also be available for download exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows – LIVE.
The Limited Collector’s Edition also offers unique collectibles that true “Fable” fans won’t want to miss, including downloadable content, also available for Windows users, as well as in-box items that come with the Xbox 360 version. Wrapped up in a distinctive box created in the likeness of a book from “Fable III,” the contents include:
· A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
· Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
· “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
· Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
· A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
· One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures.
“Fable III” sets the stage for an unparalleled action and adventure experience, in which you will be called upon to rise from revolutionary to ruler of Albion. The choices and sacrifices you make while fanning the flames of revolution, and then as you rule as King or Queen, will lead to an ever evolving world of consequences that will be felt across your entire land.
“Fable III” is not yet rated by the ESRB.