I have no idea where I was going with that news title. However, here is what you can expect if you order the Mafia II
Collectible metallic SteelBook hard case
Made Man Pack - free in-game DLC that adds two cars and two new character outfits
Hardcover art book
Orchestral Soundtrack - on CD
Tear-resistant map for Empire Bay
A copy of Mafia II (of course!)
2K Games also announced all of the pre-order specials that have been worked out with various retailers. You'll get different bonuses for buying it at Best Buy, Wal-mart, GameStop and Amazon. Thankfully, they created one page
that has all of the details on it and links to each site. Click here
if you are interested in pre-ordering.
2K Games Invites Players to Get Made with the Mafia® II Collector’s Edition and Pre-Order Downloadable Content
New York, NY – May 26, 2010 – 2K Games is pleased to present the Mafia® II Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Available in limited quantities across select North American retailers and internationally, all three versions of the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain both physical and digital elements that further enhance the epic mobster crime drama experience. 2K Games is also excited to announce a partnership in North America with GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.com to provide incentives, including free downloadable content or gift cards, to customers who pre-order Mafia II through those retailers. Gamers can now pre-order Mafia II and the Mafia II Collector’s Edition at select retailers.
“The first Mafia title was a critical success, and we are excited to deliver an epic sequel to fans of the game and of Mafia entertainment," said Christoph Hartmann, president, 2K. "By offering a Collector’s Edition, special pre-order incentives and downloadable content for Mafia II, we are able to show our appreciation for those guys wise enough to reserve their copies early."
In addition to a copy of the highly anticipated Mafia II game, the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain the following content:
· Collectible SteelBook™ Casing: Brushed metallic SteelBook hard case with debossed logo containing two pieces of art featuring Vito and Joe, the stars of Mafia II.
· Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
· Hardcover Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a 100-page photo album-style art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
· Mafia II Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra on CD.
· Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with a high quality, tear-resistant map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.
For those ready to get made now, the following pre-order items are being offered in North America by GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.com. The downloadable content packs will also be available at select international retailers.
· Vegas Pack (GameStop): Get a taste of old school Vegas in this new DLC pack from Mafia II. Bring a taste of Vegas to Empire Bay as you cruise through the town in two new cars with smooth handling and timeless lines. Vito shows his Vegas style in two new suits inspired by movies and music of the time.
· War Hero Pack (GameStop): The ‘40s wouldn’t be complete without a war hero. Vito plays the role well in the War Hero DLC pack. Drive two military style vehicles and notice the superior handling in all weather conditions. Vito looks sharp in two new military outfits, including fatigues and a dress uniform.
· Renegade Pack (Amazon): Show off your inner renegade in this new DLC pack. Start with two new cars, one with the slick styling and tight handling of a small sports coupe and the other with the revved up engine of a ‘50s hot rod. Outfit Vito in two new suits, including leather and lettermen’s jackets to fit his renegade persona.
· Greaser Pack (Best Buy): Free access to the in-game downloadable content pack that is all about speed. These two new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair them with two new outfits for Vito -- a leather jacket with heavy boots, and a leather racing suit -- and get your engines revving.
· $10 Gift Card (Wal-Mart.com): Pre-order Mafia II at Wal-Mart.com and receive a $10 Wal-Mart e-gift card.
Through a compelling narrative, Mafia II transports gamers into the dark and unforgiving world of the Mafia. The fiction is embellished by a sophisticated, era-evoking atmosphere that meticulously replicates the clothing, cars, music and advertising of 1940's and 1950's Americana. Players will easily become immersed in the game's cinematic Hollywood-style experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing metropolis. By fusing high-octane gunplay with white-knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, Mafia II looks to be the industry's most compelling Mafia title to date.
Mafia II is currently in development by 2K Czech, the same creative team behind the award-winning, genre-defining Mafia®, which captivated millions of gamers around the world. Mafia II is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available in North America on August 24, 2010 and internationally beginning August 27, 2010.
For more information on Mafia II, please visit www.mafia2game.com. For more information about North American and international retailers please visit the Mafia II website www.mafia2game.com/preorder.
2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, iPhone™, iPod® touch and iPad. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
Microsoft, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," as updated in the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2010, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.