E3 2013: Tecmo Koei announces their E3 lineup.
5/28/2013 1:36:00 PM
It's crazy to me that E3 is right around the corner and I'm expecting this E3 to be one of the biggest yet with both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One there showing off tons of new games. Let's not forget though that tons of other companies will be there as well showing off their new games and today we have news about Tecmo Koei's appearance at the show.
So what will they be showing off? Let's find out
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate
- Players take control of Yaiba, a cyborg ninja wanting revenge. Brought back to life through cyber technology, Yaiba brandishes a ninja sword and weapons in his cyborg arms as he slaughters zombies in over the top action which should look great with the games stylized comic book graphics. Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will be released early 2014.
Dynasty Warriors 8
- An updated and expanded version of last years amazing Dead Or Alive 5. Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate will include all of the extra content from Dead Or Alive 5+ on the Vita as well as new fighters, new stages, new costumes and more. Tecmo Koei has also announced that the game will be released on September 3rd 2013 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
Atleier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
- Dynasty Warriors 8 returns to the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin trying to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China and will probably involve you murdering tons of enemies around you in chaotic and exciting fashion. Dynasty Warriors 8 takes it one step further by adding in elements such as multiple endings, enhancements to story mode, new scenarios, new and returning characters and a lot more. Dynasty Warriors 8 will be released on July 16, 2013 for Xbox 360 and PS3.
- A PS Vita version of the popular RPG series and adds new elements of land development to the game which provides additional depth and gameplay. Extra content and features including new costumes, new endings and all the DLC from the PS3 version will be packed into the Vita version. Atelier Meruru Plus releases on the PS Vita on September 3rd 2013.
- Made by the same studio that created the Dynasty Warriors series, this new franchise has players in the role of demon-fighting slayers. Players start in the Utakata Village headquarters where they accept quests and venture out to battle monstrous and deadly Oni before they destroy the world.
TECMO KOEI AMERICA TO SHOWCASE HARD-HITTING LINEUP AT THE 2013 ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO
Worldwide Debut of First Playable for YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z Leads a Roster of Multiplatform Titles on Display
BURLINGAME, Calif., May 28, 2013 – TECMO KOEI America, a leading global publisher of interactive games, today announced its Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2013 lineup of titles. The artistic collaboration project of “cyber ninja zombie slashing” between renowned developers Team NINJA and comcept’s Keiji Inafune, YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z, will be on-hand and playable as the centerpiece of a diverse lineup of titles across multiple platforms. In addition, TECMO KOEI fan favorite franchises DEAD OR ALIVE and DYNASTY WARRIORS make their triumphant return alongside exciting new properties. The TECMO KOEI booth is located in the West Hall, Booth #4700.
TECMO KOEI America also confirmed today that DEAD OR ALIVE 5 ULTIMATE will be available in stores and online retailers on September 3, 2013. Returning with a stunning amount of new fighters, stages, and integrated DOA5 Plus features, the widely recognized series continues to excite fans by building on the legacy that established the series as a true core fighter.
“With a strong portfolio of both signature franchises and original IPs, TECMO KOEI America continues its tradition of bringing a stellar lineup to gaming fans,” said Amos Ip, SVP and General Manager of TECMO KOEI America. “This year’s E3 will emphasize our commitment to push our signature properties to their limits through creative collaborations and innovative ideas that extend a core experience. In doing so, we will provide gamers with a host of unforgettable action packed gaming experiences.”
The following list of games is scheduled to be on display from TECMO KOEI America:
YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z
[PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® / Early 2014]
In YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z, players will battle fierce zombies as Yaiba, a cyborg ninja who will do anything to get revenge and stay alive. Cleaved in two, he is brought back to life with cyber-technology. Brandishing his ninja sword and the mecha weapons in his cyborg arm, he slaughters zombies with brutal, over-the-top abandon. Step into a stylized living comic book where stunning graphics depict a world gone mad. Hordes of undead can only be stopped by Yaiba’s willingness to use any means necessary to get the job done. Will he kill by turning his cyborg arm into a razor chainsaw for slicing up undead—or just rip off an opponent’s arms to use as zombie nunchucks? Both possibilities fill Yaiba’s heart with twisted laughter in this upcoming collaboration between famed developers Team NINJA and comcept’s Keiji Inafune.
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 ULTIMATE
[PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® / September 3, 2013]
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 ULTIMATE heightens the signature DOA fighting style with the inclusion of new modes from DOA5 Plus, dynamic new stages, and deadly new fighters to deliver the ultimate in fighting entertainment. Players will take on the roles of their favorite DEAD OR ALIVE fighters—as well as combatants new to the franchise—in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat is enhanced with new content that extends the experience. Along with a rich array of single-player modes including story mode, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 ULTIMATE offers online options with arcade-style matches, tournaments, and social features making it the most definitive DEAD OR ALIVE experience to date.
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8
[PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® / July 16, 2013]
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 returns to the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu, and Jin, through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time, as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China. The much loved series takes one step further, merging numerous replay elements such as multi-endings and extra modes with synergies between action and game systems. With all new enhancements to Story Mode, new scenarios, new and returning characters, and more, DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 promises to offer fans the most complete Warriors experience to date. Take to the battlefield with the greatest warriors in history and carve your path to glory!
ATELIER MERURU PLUS: THE APPRENTICE OF ARLAND
[PlayStation® Vita / September 3, 2013]
ATELIER MERURU PLUS: THE APPRENTICE OF ARLAND is the next installment in the popular series from famed developer GUST. ATELIER MERURU PLUS adds new elements of land development to the RPG and simulation game system, providing additional depth and gameplay in this anime-style adventure. In addition, extra content and features are packed in including new costumes, new endings, and all the DLC from the PS3™ version. Fans will have an opportunity to see what unfolds in this third and final game in the Arland series.
[PlayStation® Vita / Q4 2013]
TOUKIDEN takes Tecmo Koei’s expertise in historically themed games to an expansive fantasy world influenced by historical and traditional Japanese elements. Developed by the same studio that created the famed Dynasty Warriors series, this all-new franchise casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle monstrous and deadly Oni (demons) before they destroy all of humanity.
In addition to hands-on demos with select titles, key members from Team NINJA and other TECMO KOEI divisions will be on hand and accessible for scheduled media appointments.
For more news about Team NINJA, visit http://teamninja-studio.com, and don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/teamninjastudio and follow us on Twitter @TeamNINJAStudio.
About TECMO KOEI AMERICA CORP:
TECMO KOEI AMERICA CORP. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Burlingame, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl® and Fatal Frame® series. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. On April 1, 2009, TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD was established as a result of the TECMO, LTD. and KOEI Co., Ltd. merger.