With a vast array of new IP, lauded sequels and indie games, Sony made good on its promise to deliver what gamers want. With their marketing approach to the Playstation 4 and their openness to focus on the console's software, Sony made an impression at their E# press conference in Los Angeles last night.
- Playstation 4 supports used games, does not require an always-online connection, and has a $399 starting price point.
- Indie games have a solid base of support with Sony, with games like Don't Starve and Secret Poncho releasing free every month for Playstation Plus members.
- Playstation Plus will carry over from Playstation 3 members, and will be required to play multiplayer games online.
- Services like Flixster will deliver a range of exclusive content on the Playstation 4.
- Sony will continue to support the Playstation 3 with titles such as Batman: Arkham Origins and Beyond: Two Souls
Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch Dogs and The Elder Scrolls Online are all coming to the Playstation 4, all with exclusive content.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII is now Final Fantasy XV
- Kingdom Hearts III is a Playstation 4 exclusive
- The Order: 1886 is a new IP exclusive to the Playstation 4
- First Destiny and Assassin's Creed IV gameplay trailers revealed
- The Walking Dead Bundle with 400 Days Chapter exclusive to Sony
- Mad Max announced for Playstation 4
Sony stole the show this week with their press conference, focusing on their software and letting their exclusive content do the talking. The Nintendo Direct conference takes place today, and Microsoft has the rest of the show to show off their new content, but as far as press conferences go, Sony took the lead.