2K Games took the wraps off their E3 line-up today and it's not to shabby. Here's what they'll be showing on the floor:
Spec Ops: The Line
New Carnival Games
I'm looking forward to seeing XCOM
and Spec Ops
as they look good from what we've seen so far. As always if you have any comments about any of the games listed leave a note in the comments and we'll try to get them answered next week.
2K Comes to E3 2010 with Its Biggest and Most Powerful Lineup Ever
Exciting shooters, intense third-person action, authentic sports games and family friendly fare show the versatility of 2K's biggest E3 showing ever
New York, NY - June 9, 2010 - 2K announced today its star-studded E3 2010 lineup that includes premier high-quality games for gamers of all tastes and ages. The full scope of 2K's experience will be on display* in the South Hall at Booth 2823, as the sequels to some of gaming's biggest franchises will make an appearance alongside the debut of new and exciting additions to their portfolio, creating 2K's biggest E3 showing ever.
"By delivering only the hot list-dominating games that we want to play, 2K will take on E3 2010 with its strongest lineup to date across all of its divisions," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "The benefit of our strategic approach to this year's roster of delivering fewer, bigger titles -- featuring games like Mafia® II, NBA® 2K11 and New Carnival Games® -- is that we can focus on delivering the most engaging and entertaining experiences for today's broadening gaming audience. From core to casual, 2K will have something for every gamer this holiday season."
In the past five years, 2K has become one of the gaming industry's premier publishers, creating titles that are both critically and commercially successful. By developing a mantra that emphasizes quality over quantity, 2K has published a number of multi-million unit selling franchises in a short amount of time for a wide variety of platforms including BioShock®, BorderlandsTM, Carnival Games, Sid Meier's Civilization®, NBA® 2K, NHL® 2K, Major League Baseball® 2K and more. This year's E3 lineup personifies the very essence of the 2K DNA of creating prestigious and meaningful titles that continue to innovate in unique and exciting ways.
The 2K booth will be home to eagerly anticipated titles from 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. In addition, the 2K booth will be hosting photo-ops with six of Playboy magazine's most popular Playmates appearances, further enhancing the partnership with Mafia II that features more than 50 of Playboy magazine's vintage covers and Centerfolds as part of a unique in-game integration. Two Playmates will be present at the booth each day for the full three days as part of the Mafia II Photobooth Experience. Show goers can dress up in period clothing and pose with props and upload their photos to their favorite photo sharing and networking sites. Playboy.com's 2008 Cyber Girl of the Year and Gamer Next Door Jo Garcia will also be available for autographs at 2K's booth during select hours and dates. Furthermore, the 2K booth will debut the official Mafia II consumer demo for hands-on play for all E3 attendees, prior to its release later this summer. For more information on the Playmates and 2K's booth activities, please visit: www.mafia2game.com/e3.
* Mafia® II (August 24, 2010) - A beautifully crafted look into the dark and unforgiving world of the Mafia where clothing, cars, music and advertising are meticulously created to replicate an American city in the ‘40s and ‘50s. Cinematic storytelling and intense gunplay combine to deliver the action crime game for this generation.
* Sid Meier's Civilization® V (Fall 2010) - The flagship of the award-winning Civilization series returns, introducing an all-new gameplay engine, new combat tactics, ultra-realistic game world and extensive community and multiplayer features.
* Spec Ops®: The LineTM (2011) - A provocative, military shooter that challenges players' own morality by putting them in the middle of unspeakable depravity where brutal life-or-death choices take them on a journey into the heart of darkness.
* XCOM® (2011) - An intense and gripping experience driven by the fear and tension that result from mankind's struggle to survive against a faceless enemy that is violently probing and plotting its way into their world.
* NBA® 2K11 (Fall 2010) - It's the #1 selling and rated NBA series that everyone is playing - from the most elite NBA athletes and superstars to the local court gym rats. NBA 2K10 delivered on its promise to TAKE OVER, and NBA 2K11 will build on that momentum by dialing up all of its features - gameplay, AI, presentation, visuals, audio, online and more - to deliver what's expected to be the best basketball video game experience EVER.
* NHL® 2K11 (Fall 2010) - Taking video game hockey to a new level, Wii MotionPlusTM brings revolutionary stick control to your Wii RemoteTM with the ability to execute real-time (one-to-one) dekes, puck juggling, shooting and defensive maneuvers.
* New Carnival Games® (Fall 2010) - And we do mean New! The family fun of the original multi-million unit seller soars to new heights with all-new games, attractions and prizes. There's multiplayer action for every game and a franchise first: compatibility with Wii MotionPlusTM.
* Nickelodeon Fit (November 2010) - The first fitness game designed specifically for children featuring Nickelodeon's favorite characters. It's exercise fun with Dora, Diego, Kai-lan and The Backyardigans - with a youthful emphasis on heart health, cardio, strength building and endurance.
*Some titles available by appointment only
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, WiiTM, Nintendo DSTM, iPhoneTM, iPod® touch and iPad. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. The Company's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications used on or in this product are trademarks, copyrighted designs and other forms of intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc. (C) 2010 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.
NHLPA, National Hockey League Players' Association and the NHLPA logo are trademarks of the NHLPA and are used under license.
Wii is a trademark of Nintendo.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," as updated in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2010, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.