If you're one of the few that picked up Clash of the Titans and still owns it, Namco Bandai is getting ready to release a number of DLC packs for the game. These basically are a pack of 2-3 Challenge Quests in which you fight some specific enemies. Each pack is $2.00 (160 MS Points) with a one pack already released and the rest coming on September 7, September 21, and October 5. All of the details are in the press release if you're interested.
My review of Clash of the Titans will probably be up next week. Let's just say I wouldn't own the game long enough to care about DLC.
THE BATTLE RAGES ON WITH CLASH OF THE TITANS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR XBOX 360 AND PLAYSTATION®3 SYSTEM
SANTA CLARA, Calif., (Aug. 25, 2010) - NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., today announced details for Clash of the Titans downloadable content (DLC) for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Based on Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ feature film “Clash of the Titans”, the DLC will feature even more epic quests to help satiate player’s beast- slaying appetites.
From now until October 2010, the following new content will be available for 160 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and $1.99 on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system:
PACK 1 (Available Now) - “Apollo’s Challenge” Quest Pack features three new quests:
· Tyrant of the Swamp: Defeat Silenus in the unforgiving Miasma Swamp· Two Headed Wolf: Brave the Djinn Desert and overpower Orthos
· Sleeping Bull of the Labyrinth: The legendary Minotaur awaits in the Medusa Temple PACK 2 (September 7, 2010) -“Hades’ Challenge” Quest Pack contains two new quests:
· Wild White Horse of the Underworld: Take on the War Rider in Tartaros
· Absolute Defense: Tartaros plays host to a ferocious confrontation with Feralisk
PACK 3 (September 21, 2010) - “Zeus' Challenge” Quest Pack features two new quests:
· Temple of the Gods: The Shrine of Olympus is where you must defeat Death Needle
· Man-eating Monster: Deadly Manticore lies in wait for you at the Shrine of Olympus
PACK 4 (October 5, 2010) - "Athena's Request" Quest Pack features two quests previously available as a pre-order bonus:
· “Bird in Hand” Quest Pack: Slay the giant-winged Cockatrice to acquire the Wing of Icarus sub-weapon
· “Songs of Enchantment” Quest Pack: Defeat the succubus and beautiful siren to win the “Orpheus” sub-weapon
Released on July 27, Clash of the Titans goes beyond the motion picture to deliver a robust action-adventure filled with epic battles and challenges. Traveling through vast landscapes from the highest mountains to the abandoned corridors of a lost temple, players will embody Perseus’ adventure from the film, and take on original new bosses in the game’s Quest mode. Players can use over 80 customizable sub-weapons as they journey solo or with a friend to complete missions and slay a roster of more than 80 different enemies including legendary villains Medusa and the sea monster known as the Kraken.
Clash of the Titans is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and has an MSRP of $59.99. For more information on the game, please visit www.clashofthetitansgame.com or www.namcobandaigames.com.